Problems posting an image?

It's virtually impossible to post a picture on this website. My grand daughter says "It's British, what do you expect?" They like to make everything complicated?

It's virtually impossible to post a picture on this website. My grand daughter says "It's British, what do you expect?" They like to make everything complicated?

There are two ways of posting a picture.

(1)

Copy the address of your image.

Press the image button and enter the image address

(2)

Copy the bottom line of the photobucket links (begins with [img...)

Paste it into your post (do not use the IMAGE button)

FlickR etc may be different. I dont use them?

For your daughter benefit, the software we use is american and the hosting is located in Las Vegas :)

Hi Mick, just tried to post again, LEFT clicked uploaded image but Paste option is greyed out on the forum!

Hi Mick,

I would still like to post images on this forum but obviously encounter a problem. They upload ok to PhotoBucket, I then highlight in the IMG box, r.click to copy and in the small headline box on the forum marked Paste.

On checking my post on my pc everything is as expected, the images are there, what can be the problem?

In the bottom photobucket image link address box, LEFT click on the link it will auto copy.

Paste it direct in your post. Do not use Image button.

Let me see if anyone else is having photobucket problems.

Right clicking on post once address copied brings up a menu including 'Paste'

If not thats not forum software, its your system.

Probably greyed out because there is nothing on your clipboard to paste?

Try opening wordpad and trying to paste in the same way?

• 1 month later...

OK...the link works...but how do you just get a picture in without having to click on the link?

This is a link, and does not contain the image file name

ie. domain.com/gilliespics/image.jpg

You are using Google images of which I am not aware

RIAT Harrier

OK I get what your saying so have created a flickr account and uploaded a picture and copied the link address into the page and hey presto! another great link but no picture without clicking the link...?

Or you can do it like this....Right click on the image below....and select 'COPY'...then in your new message box...RIGHT CLICK and select 'PASTE'........and the image will appear.....simple as that

nottingham005smallyj6.jpg

Ta DAA.....you can do this with any image on the internet ( very rarely you will get 'cant use that image'....not often but it does happen...).....if the image is on your computer you have to get it ONTO the internet first ( some site like Flickr or photobucket or Imageshack.....after that just copy/paste )

........So ive 'copied the image above.....so now in here i click on 'paste'....and the image below appears.

nottingham005smallyj6.jpg

Sorry if i'm getting up your pipe with this but it is a bit frustrating really, I can as you say copy your picture from your message into my reply box and your picture will appear on my reply...tada!....however, when I try to copy another picture from somewhere else...i.e my own picture library...it wont paste in...it just doesn't do anything at all...I have reduced a picture to 30kb in case it was a size issue...still no go...I apologise for bugging you with this but it would be very useful...

Open a photobucket or Flickr account, both are free, upload all photos you want on here or other sites and follow the "destructions" posted by Mick and others... Simples.....

Open a photobucket or Flickr account, both are free, upload all photos you want on here or other sites and follow the "destructions" posted by Mick and others... Simples.....

No.... its not simples....I have followed the destructions to the letter....as you can see from my last post I copied the flickr address of the picture to the reply pane and just got a link....

You just need to experiment and practice Gilly, it's not hard and you won't hurt this site....

I always use Photobucket to post pictures on forums, never used Flickr, but "I'm assuming" it's the same.

Does not appear to be the same John.

The file name does not end in .jpg

Photobucket is far better because it produces the links for you.

K guys...I'll ey a go wi photbucket then...

RaptorBombBay.jpg

Ok....thats flickr out the bleddy winda then...cheers