Problems posting an image?

Like Gilly, I always have problems getting a photo onto the site. I use Photobucket, right click on the 'img' box and click 'copy', go to the reply box, right click to bring up 'paste', click on 'paste'...nothing, I get the full index. Other times I'll click on 'paste' and I'll get either a small box or a row of writing. I realise that there are lots of photos being put on the site so it must be me but I can't understand why.

aye rait enuff....cheers to all I pestered.... thumbsup

Michael

Photobucket gives you four types of image addresses.

Copy the bottom one straight into you post and you dont then need to use the image button

Like Gilly, I always have problems getting a photo onto the site. I use Photobucket, right click on the 'img' box and click 'copy', go to the reply box, right click to bring up 'paste', click on 'paste'...nothing, I get the full index. Other times I'll click on 'paste' and I'll get either a small box or a row of writing. I realise that there are lots of photos being put on the site so it must be me but I can't understand why.

I have been d++kin about wi it for ours now...I downloaded photbucket a few minutes ago and first picture i chose worked...I just copied the "IMG Code" text from in the panel under the picture in photobucket pasted it into my reply winda and it worked...

Maybe I should re-do my interests and explain that I'm geek level systems admin and not applications... compusmash

DONT COPY THE ADDRESS from the address bar at the top of the page....RIGHT CLICK ON YOUR PICTURE...then copy...then PASTE into here....it works with Flickr and photobucket.....doesnt work with that Google documents thing you had your pic in.

WHY USE THE IMAGE CODE WHEN YOU CAN RIGHT CLICK ON THE PICTURE ITSELF ??????????

Righty Oh , one more time , Flickr for all !!

Open Flickr account

Upload images to Flickr

Left click on "Share" button above image

Left click on the drop down menu fpr image sizes and select 'Large'

Left click on the 'BBC code' button to highlite it

When this is done left click on the text (script) in the box above

Right click and 'copy'

Open the topic page on here

Select 'new post' option

Then right click and hit paste.

Et voila

7027696631_2d5c6c068e_b.jpg

It's a lot quicker than it sounds ,,,,,,,,,,,Honest !!!

F*** it!...Didn't wanna see your ruddy pictures anyway...

bowdown ok I have it now, I was right clicking and getting the flickr message about 'all rights reserved' derr....the windows menu is where you copy the image from....sorted....cheers...sorry didn't respond last night but got a flea in me ear from the missus....anyway...I need to sort out some more relevant Pics...here's one to keep it going....

6917840132_d502e0859c_b.jpg

Ultimate Flying Machine by GH0ST1958, on Flickr

The share bit works also so Cheers for all that....

• 5 years later...
6 hours ago, katyjay said:

I think he means go on your computer, go onto google and type Postimage, 

Duh! The English language would be wonderful for expressing yourself if it wasn't so easy to be ambiguous! 

For anyone else wondering what this is all about - go to https://postimages.org/

Thanks catfan and katyjay.

• Upvote 1