Asking questions about use of the forums.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh yeah, it's the dog's name - come off it. You are a man-eater (watch it Ben) - carni-vore!

Are you saying you need a password to get into Bulwell ? Or do you need one to be let out ?

Thought you were one of my ex's Sue,she was a Sue B and born in 48,

Posted Images

#46. Oh, so your name isn't Carney, and Mark, the governor of the Bank of England, isn't your brother; or Martha, the BBC presenter isn't your sister?

• Upvote 2

I always wondered Carni how you came up with your monica, cos a carnie over here is someone that works the carnivals, or fairs as they are over there.

• Upvote 2

Nothing as exiting as that Katyjay.

I've led a very sheltered life. AHEM.The day my Nephew helped me to get on Nottstagia, we had to find a name for me,

and there was a photo of our Red Setter by the computer. Wallah, I became Carni. I didn't even get a Capital letter! Perhaps it's time I came clean. Here we go....my real name is.....C.......C.....C. No sorry I can't do it! :crazy:

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Never knew that! That's lovely Paul. Mine is rather self explanatory. It's just my full name... Melissa Jade Kelly :)

Jade is a lovely name, <PC> As is Melissa... as is Kelly, (Kay Eee Dubble-Ell Wie) </PC>

• Upvote 1

Er, Melissa you are not going to like this. My Annandale's Concise English Dictionary says that the word Jade means, wait for it, 'an old mare, poor or worn-out horse; a mean or vile woman, a hussy'. Bet you wish you had been called Jane, now. lol

Moral. Look before you leap!

I didn't mention the green stone as I would have expected Melissa to know that, but I do wonder if the Irish ancestry, and the Emerald Isle description of that island was the reason for the middle name. That's my view, probably a jaded one!

Our maternal grandfather was named Evelyn Ethelbert. No wonder he preferred 'Ted'.

• Upvote 2

#69. Yes, Bastard is an old English surname. Think those with it liked it to be pronounced B'stard.

• 10 months later...

I have been looking through the posts on "Three words to sum up your day." and I have noticed a grey colored cross underneath the "Like this" sign on all of dgbrits posts. Have I accidentally pressed something? I can't say I've noticed it before.

It is only when my cursor is on the post.

And on Loppylugs posts.

Sorry to keep editing; but I am seeing the cross on quite a few different posts, but not on some?

You will find that grey cross on most posts that the authors have a 'signature' displayed ie Chulla has "You can sometimes never tell what's least expected most."

Left click with your cursor on the grey cross and it will give you the choice as to ignore the individual's signature or, all such signatures.

I say most signatures because some posters eg katyjay has a signature but no grey cross and the same for mick2me.

No idea what the overall purpose is though.....