Meadow Lane , the grave yard of managers !!

Yup , Martin Allen has been sacked after the 3-0 defeat away to Hartlepool !!!

I just don't get it , last results were a 2-1 win a draw a an away victory !!

Mind you , I was there on Tuesday night and they were dire !!

That's the topic I was searching for !! I thought it was on here that I'd read it , I nearly even remembered it word for word too, I kept getting allsorts but that thread of yours, so in the end I assumed I'd read it elsewhere !

appologies Stu

And do you know , it never dawned on me to look in the Notts County topics ................DOH !!!

No bother at all Beefy.

I am astounded at this news tonight. Can only assume some kind of disagreement has happened behind the scenes. I really think Allen was going to push them towards a play-off place. I'm really not sure about Trew at all...hmmm?

Seems to be some bemusement in Notts County land. Early names in the frame to find a replacement appear to be Keith Curle and Paul Hart.

Here's a farewell message from Martin Allen's son:

http://boards.footym...&mid=2115297599

'Goodbye Notts County, and good luck!

Having had my dad removed from his post as Notts County manager this evening, I just wanted to say the best of luck to Notts County fans not only for this season but for many years to come.

I wasn't there today but I understand it was poor and for that I apologise. However, I would hope that most would agree that the club is now in a better position to progress, so in that sense, it is was a succesful tenure.

Thank you all for the opportunity to witness the oldest football league club in the world, and particularly for the trip to Juventus and watching us smash Hartlepool on Sky.

As my first and last post in this site, I just wanted to say thanks again and best of luck in your journeys ahead.

Sincerely,

George Allen

(Ps. Joka however my dad wronged you in the past, I am certain that he would sit down, talk it over with you, look you in the eye, apologise, and shake your hand. I am also very jealous that you're living in the south of France you lucky pie)'