A mate of mine has just text me to say Ray Trew has left Notts. Anybody heard owt? On the fans message boards people are saying he's had enough of the personal abuse aimed towards him and his family. If this is true then I don't blame him, idiots.

Shades of the abuse that Nigel Doughty was receiving if true.

Nothing would surprise me about Notts Country these days. Meadow Lane has become a circus.

Regarding Ray Trew, whilst appearing to be the prudent character the club much needed when he stepped in, I have never felt he was in it for the long haul. He seemed to be doing a sterling job sorting out the financial mess the club were left in when he came but his record on hiring and firing managers is starting to look a bit of a joke. Not that he, or anyone, deserves abuse for that.

I rang the club and the bird who answered the phone (In a very foreign accent ) replied "Oh I don't know anything about that " but she wouldn't/ couldn't transfer me to their press office

Just spoke to Ray Trews PA (Kate Lovett) and she reliably informs me that there is no truth in these rumours whatsoever !!

http://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10426~2616258,00.html

I have heard from other sources that there is a bit of scandle behind the sacking of Martin Allen , that has yet to come out in the wash .

Seems clear that this was due to off-the-pitch issues when reading reading this club statement.

'Notts County Chairman Ray Trew has moved to assure supporters that the Board of Directors' decision to relieve Martin Allen of his duties as Manager was not one that they took lightly.

"I would like to start by saying that I fully appreciate the reaction and element of ill-feeling amongst a section of our fans over our decision to part company with Martin Allen on Saturday," explained Mr Trew.

"The details of this matter are being handled in private, as is only right and proper, but I felt it important that I assure the fans that this decision would not have been taken had the Board of Directors not felt that it was in the best interests of Notts County Football Club.

"I fully appreciate that this has not been a universally popular decision, not least because of the work that Martin has put into developing a relationship with the supporters, but we have to look at the bigger picture and do what we feel is right for this football club," he added.

"Whilst we strive for stability and a sustained period of growth and expansion under a settled structure, we have to make sure that we have the right people in place at the foundations of this structure if it is to go from strength to strength in the future."

The club will be making no further comment on this matter until all aspects are resolved.'

http://www.nottscoun...2616258,00.html

The Post quotes 'irreconsirable differences' between Allen and Trew.

Didn't I already post that link Stu ??.............................. slywink

All I can say further on the subject is that if Kieth Curle does anything with Notts (Other than lower their league standing) I will show my ar53 in Wollies Window

• 4 years later...

Well, according to the most recent accounts, the net worth of the company is minus £4,119,676. I believe the ground is owned by the City Council. Is there money to be made by investing here?

There are people who enjoy the kudos of owning a football club so someone of wealth may step forward. Good luck to them.

Lets hope it turns out for the best for County...........worlds oldest league club with a nice ground in a City with great sporting history..........surely someone of substance must be interested...............

Redevelopment is surely on the cards. Sad but inevitable.