Happy Pancake Day

I love pancake day.. Well, any day that involves food!

So calling all pancake fans.. Whats your favourite topping/filling?? :)

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pancake day always leaves me flat

They say the first one is no good..............................True I did a thumbnail to save space.   

Pancake day already? That crepe'd up quickly? 

Hi Pixie, I love pancakes the way my mum used to make them: sprinkled with sugar and then the juice of an orange poured over.

I hope you follow tradition and give yours a good tossing! I'm good at tossing them right up to the ceiling and the best thing about this is they come down again!

I rather think I'd be good in a pancake race - I'd love that - tossing the pancake all the way to the winning post.

Hoorah for Pancake Day. unionflag

An American outfit opened a big shop in Leicester in the sixties with a fantastic menu of pancakes and ice cream.

Naturally the stick in the mud English folks wouldn't try something new, and it was closed in three months.No pizzas and stuff in those days...fish n chips and that was your lot.People weren't adventurous in those days.

Pancakes, steak & Eggs... Ooer!!

...I prefer mine with the simple lemon juice & Sugar or syrup. Although OH prefers his with Orange juice & Sugar like Jackson had said! Although this year, Cant wait till next year when my daughter will be old enough to join in with the pancake devouring! then the mess & Fun begins!!

orange juice and sugar

golden surup

raspberry vinigar

any of the above will do me thank you. well best go to the shops and get ingredients for pancakes have got raspberry vinigar and i think might have some golden surup and sugar but no flour or oranges and notenough eggs or milk.

just typed that and what comes on the news nottinghams annual pancake race hows that for timming

A Couple of Rhymes for Pancake Day: unionflag

'Five Crispy Pancakes in a frying pan,

Flip them and toss them and catch them if you can.

Along came (choose a child),

For a Pancake one day

Sprinkled it with sugar and took it away.

Four Crispy Pancakes in a frying pan . . . . unionflag

Pancake Song:

Mix a Pancake,

Beat a Pancake,

Put it in a pan.

Cook a pancake,

Toss a pancake,

Catch it if you can.

unionflag

I Love Pancake Day; let's hope this tradition stays with us for absolutely Years.

One thing i havent bought is oranges! Damn.... I was shopping yesterday n was thinking.. do i fancy oranges or some satsumers, bought satsumers instead, totaly forgot about pancake day! For some reason.. i kept thinking it was NEXT week... I bought a couple of them betty crocker just add water mixes that were on offer in tesco for £1 each, not sure if there still on offer but worth having a look!!

Wow Mudgie... i never thought of adding cheese etc to them, think ill try that this evening!

Mum used to make 'savoury pancakes' all year round. Boiled egg and tomato being mixed with a cheese sauce.

My favourite is with Orange can't have sugar anymore though, SWMBO loves them with Lemon juice.

There are several other Pancake day topics on here, including a facinating fact or two relating to the origins of pancakes and "Linby Docks" .

Just enter "Pancake day" in the search box top right on the new topics page.

oooh, eaten too many pancakes...I decided to have a couple of savory cheese & onion filled ones followed by ones sprinkled with sugar & orange juice. Im now stuffed, so if anyone wouldnt mind popping round to mine, letting themselves in & just passing me my cuppa tea thats around 3foot away, thatd be great...

Hi Pixie,

sounds like you've eaten your fill of both savoury and sweet pancakes; I've not tried savoury ones but I'll think about it for the future.

This afternoon I purposefully went to Tesco, Bulwell to buy some oranges for pancakes at teatime and guess what they didn't have a single orange in the place! They had plenty of clementines and satsumas but to me they wouldn't be the same - not traditional. The fruit and veg man couldn't understand why over the last few days women had been going mad for oranges. Anyway I finished up with two containers of 'Innocent' - orange juice with bits. But I did get a bargain: Tesco do a 'Yorkshire Pudding Mix' for 7p, so I bought a couple.

Anyway at teatime I made loads of pancakes; it was a good job that my grand children were with me to enjoy them. And they were absolutely delicious; I can well recommend the Tesco 'Yorkshire Pudding Mix'.

So everything turned out well in the end; another 'Pancake Day' to remember.

And as for you mgread1200, I love your refreshing comments. XX

Ok just saw this , Batter is going to be made shortly & go pick some oranges off the tree

Got as far as making the batter last time but never got round to making any.

Ohhhhhhhhhh, you're making us jealous now aren't you?

I'm not jealous, just like to congratulate you, on living in a Sunny land. Never been to California - that's my fault isn't it?

NB: Some 'Pancake Day' songs a few spaces up.

We've just finished eating !! (I had 4 , SWMBO had the same , as did the kids,16 big 'uns between us !!!)

I did try the cold (Chicago) for one winter ,I used to think the Uk was bad not even close.

Whats the point of moving if not for the better weather.

Actually the trees are blossoming & flowers coming up ,Bit early but such a mild winter

My son went snowboarding this weekend at Lake Tahoe but that only lasted 1 hour as his mate fell & broke his arm

Sold both the $95 lift tickets for $20 each

that betty crocker mix was absolutely rubbish! kept going wrong, sticking to the pan etc... ended up giving up & making my own batter, that didnt stick or burn... came out lovely! I never had savory ones either, but i read a comment on this thread about some savory fillings and thought id give em a go, happy that i did! & i have no idea how i forgot about pancake day & opted for the satsumers, wish i hadnt cos i had the same problem, morrisons didnt have any oranges either, so we too had orange juice with bits - were just as good! :)