Happy Pancake Day

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pancake day always leaves me flat

They say the first one is no good..............................True I did a thumbnail to save space.   

Pancake day already? That crepe'd up quickly? 

I whipped up the batter at around 4.30 to give it chance to settle, realised I'd put too much milk in, so I added some more flour and another egg, good job I did, seeing as how they managed to demolish the lot , they all kept coming back to the kitchen like little Oliver Twists, plates held high asking for more !! I finally got mine at around ten past nine !!

No mudgie, Tesco was well stocked for the great day; the problem with the oranges was that - according to the fruit and veg man - there'd been an unexpected run on them a few days previous. Consequently there were non left for today!

Reading Mudgies post above reminds me of opening my bar in Ibiza in May 99, we had just paid a visit to SWMBOs Aunt Jenny and Uncle Ken on the mainland and I'd scrounged a couple of Lemons off of his tree, I cut them and every body who had a slice in their drinks was made to drink a toast to "Uncle Ken"

Funnily enough , we're off to see them for the first time since then very shortly !!

Pixie,most products containing flour have all kinds of additives for shelf life,this can cause cooking problems. Make your batter from scratch ,once mixed let it stand at room tempreture 30 - 45 mins',dont' use the egg strait from the fridge.

I know what you mean Beefsteak. Went majorka couple of summers back & stopped in a villa, We had a couple of lemon and lime tree's in the garden of the villa so i used to go and pic aload and pop em in the fridge for our drinks later that night. Best & Tastiest lemons and limes iv ever had, infact, tonight.. we forgot to buy lemon juice & i was just saying to OH 'If only we had a lemon tree at the bottom of the garden like we had on holiday.... '

Batter made Just picked a bunch of Oranges ate one & it made my tabs laugh Tangeeeeeeeeeeeeee

First one i have ate all year dont bother with them

On the tree there are new ones coming in about as big as a plum green & ripe ones that are falling off, Not the gigantic type that never taste very good.

'& it made my tabs laugh'; I wish my tabs would laugh dgbrit. I've been suffering with Labyrinthitis pre-Christmas and it just will not leave me, this infection of the Inner Ear. I've had Vertigo and Dizziness for almost three months now! Send - or wish - me some of your lovely Sunshine to cheer me up. One's health is the most important thing in the world.

Pixie,you can grow a lemon tree in your garden,it has to be treated like an old granny,kept warm and out of draughts,keep it in a tub,sunniest part of the garden. I managed to grow one, when I lived in sunny Sherwood,it bore 9 lemons. So maybe Netherfield could become the citrus centre of Nottingham.

My favourite topping has to be Palm syrup. It's like golden syrup but much lighter. I add freshly squeezed orange too.

Had to make a trip to the store for milk used it all in the batter non left for a Cappo, At the store i saw Lyles Golden sypup & Black syrup also by Lyles thats what we made bonfire toffee out of ?

Need a recipe ,Thought i would get one before i bought it this time.

Mudgie you should know

Ohhhhhhhhhh, you're making us jealous now aren't you?

I'm not jealous, just like to congratulate you, on living in a Sunny land. Never been to California - that's my fault isn't it?

NB: Some 'Pancake Day' songs a few spaces up.

To be honest where i live it can get too hot

If youve ever done the tap dance on the steering wheel of your car or cant sit down on the seat 110deg up

Where Katyjay lives its even hotter but drier

Mudgie hot & humid

love pancakes, i was doing some pancakes to-night, when i tossed the pancake the handle on the frying pan fell off, the pancake was up in the air the pan was on the gas cooker the handle in me hand, i fixed it, screw came off.

PS , all 16 tossed and not one hit the ceiling / floor / carpet and none broke , well impressed everybody , including me !!

I make some thin pancakes, spread some blueberry pie filling just in from one edge,not too much filling though, roll the pancake and tuck the sides in so it looks similar to a spring roll, shallow fry until gold and crisp, serve with a dollop of sour cream, mmmm also called blueberry blintzers a nice jewish desert

Rog