Images of Disappearing Nottingham are always of interest here, if you can post a link to them.

Clifford Court was the base for the Police Radio Transmitter For Canning circus Police.

The other was on the Trent Polytechnic.

The latter Covered the St Anns area,

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Jackson,I often ask the same question,it may contain asbestos,or just land speculation by the money-men.

When they held the 1994 Olypics in Atlanta,Georgia,they built hundreds of homes to house the athletes etc'.Days after the games finished they began to demolish the lot.

At the time it would have solved the homeless problem in the city,but the land was more valuable to the speculators,as usual. :angry:

did you go to 47th scouts are you zacs brother mark if so i know who you are and your mum

thought it might be ben my son paul piggott used to go to 47th same time as him and his brothers did and they lives in lenton flats all there childhoon and his mum still lives there . she once gave paul a raliegh chopperwe had it for a long while first paul rode it then his brother lee then we past it on to someone else was still in quite good condition .

lol my mum is so famous!

Yes it's Ben and I still live at Lenton! I was in the 47th but only as a cub lol. That brings back some memories! When I first joined we were based in a dusty, cold garage under the chip shop at Willoughby Street Shops! It was disgusting but we still had fun. We later moved to a hut on Sherwin Road behind the floors to go shop. I don't know if it's still there or whether the 47th are still going?

Our 5 blocks are due for demolition starting next April so I'm gona be busy taking lots of photos while I have the chance! I was hoping to actually get inside Highcross to do some interior photos but I don't fancy my chances since it's all blocked off and I don't even think the contractors are even actually inside the building.

The council don't have any final plans for this estate apart from a plan to build sheltered housing on the site of the garages which are due to be demolished starting in April!

i think your mum will remember me from 47th and from lenton commuity centre and her friend kath knight who used to come to lunch club. do you remember little bille who was one the st cleaner in lenton who lived in the flats. i know your mum will be sad to go when they come downit was a great community. 47th souts no longer due to lack of leaders such a shame mary pykett worked so hard to keep it going and get that hut and its extention. perhaps we should think about a reunion and see whos still about know one or two are still about.

think 47th was first nottingham groups to have girl cubs and scouts rachel ,dawn vanory and ann were the first

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...