So, how do YOU like your eggs in the morning?

I went off eggs when i was a kid ,My mom used to sneak them into just about everything . Corn flakes, Weetabix, Ovalteen ,Horlix always raw, So i would be half way into it a & get a load of snott. My wife didnt belleve me untill she saw it for herself this continued until i left for the Usa lol

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was in Wetherspoons & heard a bloke ask for a breakfast saying "I want the egg yoke dry & the white runny, the sausage cooked on the ends & raw in the middle & the bacon only cooked

Egg butty with runny yolk is best.

Scrambled with cheese melted in. Or scrambled with smoked salmon

any way i can get then but they have to be cooked and i prefer a slightly runny yolk. but i surope if i had to choose it would be poached on crusty white toast hand cut bread of course.

Every once in a while when I can't think what to have for dinner, I'll have a boiled egg sandwich. I'll boil my eggs for 4 minutes, cool them under a running, cold tap then place them on some buttered, fresh, brown, bread, add a dash of salt and pepper, cut in two and I've a tasty egg sandwich. Served with a hot cup of tea and a slice of Genoa cake for after, I consider I've made myself a satisfactory meal.

The absolute WORST is if you get served a nice fried egg and find the white still raw and runny on the top!

or bite into a nice fried egg and get a bit of shell between your teeth!

Then those people who are cooking 'a nice fried egg' aren't taking the trouble!; Connoisseurs of 'a nice fried egg' know that there is an art to this: you don't just throw an egg in a pan and forget about it, you have to make sure the fat is hot and carefully ladle it over the egg until the yolk is sealed. Sealed on the top but a golden, runny yumminess when dabbed into with your bread.

Or put the frying pan under the grill for a few seconds whilst you put the sausage , bacon , beans , tomato, mushrooms , fried slice, etc on the plate ,

Not that I have ever had to do it , some body told me about it , honest ,.......... slywink

plateful of grated cheese, clear a hole in the middle put one egg in the hole (without shell) bake in the oven until all cheese melted & egg is cooked........................................Take care, cheese will be very hot

I remember my fist job in the building trade was some flats and shops at Cotgrave, I was asked to stand in as cabin lad while the usual bloke was on holiday, a lot of the men would order hard and soft boiled eggs for morning snap time. Couldn't understand why they were so upset when they found out I used the same water to boil the eggs and make the tea.

i put a teaspoon of white vinegar in... i find it keeps the egg 'together' the times iv tried it without vinegar... it fell apart n made eggy soup!

The vinegar lowers the temperature at which the albumen in the egg whites set, thus causing them to skin over before they can disintegrate.

Had a Spanish Ommlette (Just how do you spell that ruddy word) eggs , bit of bacon , onion, mushrooms, and yesterdays left over roast potatoes (Finely chopped ) for my breakfast this morning , and I've still got a bit left for lunch !!

Ya'know what? Iv never tried a pickled egg..... everytime i see a jar of them, usually in chippy i allways wonder what they taste like, but havent got the balls to actually try one me sen lol

Has anyone tried pickling their own?

I suspect you need more than Vinegar?

Yup , it's very easy too. I bought some jars of pickling vinegar from Morrisons (They were on 'bogof'), and a dozen eggs off of the 'Woopsie' counter, hard boil the eggs , put in jar of pickling vinegar , job done !! a dozen pickled eggs for about a quid !!

I've still got another jar of vinegar at the back of the cupboard just waiting till I can get some more 'cheap' eggs (Did you see what I did there ?)