So, how do YOU like your eggs in the morning?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was in Wetherspoons & heard a bloke ask for a breakfast saying "I want the egg yoke dry & the white runny, the sausage cooked on the ends & raw in the middle & the bacon only cooked

Egg butty with runny yolk is best.

Scrambled with cheese melted in. Or scrambled with smoked salmon

I think the spices are already in the 'pickling vinegar'. When I can , I'll get down to the back of the cupboard and see what it says on the label.

What do you mean how long should they be left ? They don't get left too long here , they got eaten !!...LOL

I've never fancied a pickled egg, especially those you'd see in huge jars in Fish and Chip shops. To me they always seemed as though they were there for decoration and looked as though they'd well passed their shelf life by almost turning yellow.

Just found three different recipes, one says two days before eating , one says two weeks and the third says two months !!

Well I've hoiked out the jar , and it does say spices included, I'll post a picture or two tomorrow (after I get back from Morrisons with some more eggs !!)

• 3 years later...

On a plate or in an egg cup......

• Upvote 1
  • 3 years later...

I was in Wetherspoons & heard a bloke ask for a breakfast saying "I want the egg yoke dry & the white runny, the sausage cooked on the ends & raw in the middle & the bacon only cooked on one side" The girl "We can't do that Sir" " Well you did yesterday!"  

• Like 5

When making scrambled egg we add in 3 teaspoons of pesto .  Might look odd as it comes out green when cooked but very tasty .

Speaking of eggs , went to our local ASDA yesterday and as usual my wife wanted a cup of coffee .

Queuing up in the cafe , the chap in front of me had ordered omelette and chips . There were only a couple of flustered staff on , manning the counter and cooking.

The  girl said to the chap "sorry we are out of omelettes but we can do all-day breakfast".

I'm thinking surely that requires an egg ??

OK says the chap I'll have that .

5 minutes later same girl goes to the chaps table and apologises for something and I heard him say ...."OK I'll have a tuna baked potato" .

So the eggs didn't stretch that far either !

Always think it strange in these supermarket cafes when they run out of stuff that someone can't just nip to the adjacent foodhall and grab what they need .

Have to say that the cafes in both our local Asdas are awful souless places . More like a badly run staff canteens. Think they are franchised out to Compass .

They are much much worse than the Asda/Gem cafe at West Bridgford 40 years ago . You would think after all these years they could have got the formula right .

• Like 1

A mate of mine was in Morrisons, it's self service so he got a small teapot and put 2 tea bags in instead of the usual 1. Woman on checkout saw him and tried to charge him double.

We had problems with the tinned salmon tonight. The tin opener wouldn't touch it. I had to take it across the yard to the workshop, clamp it in a large vice and set about it with a screwdriver and hammer. No mention of that in the Waitrose instructions. Fortunately all was well and I only sustained minor injuries!  

• Like 1

This happens quite frequently when the tin opener wont turn. I was fed up with it but could I buy a new one ! I eventually found one at the local chinese shop and as I dont very often open tins I put it in the drawer. Came to open a tin and that didnt work either or rather it was one of those old fashioned cut and move types and I threw it away.

We've got one of those tin openers that opens the tin by itself - you just put it on the top of the tin and press the button..... clever stuff!  It even lifts the top of the tin off at the end by means of a little magnet.  It's called 'hands free' and made by JML.   Love it...

We shared a tin of tuna with the cats this evening (we added salad, though!)

• Like 1

First, find decent eggs.  Ones that are fresh enough so that they sit up in a frying pan rather than speading yards wide. Or ones that stay together when dropped into a pan of water.

These days, it seems to have little to do with sell by dates etc.  It's a lottery trying to find good 'uns.

• 4 years later...