So, how do YOU like your eggs in the morning?

''I like mine with a kiss, scrambled or fried, i dont mind.. aslong as i get my kiss...'' Excuse me while i burst into song.. lol

So, how do you like em? so many ways to have an egg. This morning, im having poached egg on toast, other halfs having a nice boiled egg with soldiers, actual soldiers - he has a toast cutter outer into the shape of them, because hes just a child at heart!

...Admittidly, for me this morning, this was abit of a toss up between - do i want eggs or do i want chocolate phillidelphia on toast!? yum!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was in Wetherspoons & heard a bloke ask for a breakfast saying "I want the egg yoke dry & the white runny, the sausage cooked on the ends & raw in the middle & the bacon only cooked

Egg butty with runny yolk is best.

Scrambled with cheese melted in. Or scrambled with smoked salmon

It was a promotional advert for eggs.

She was a battle axe landlady type, he was the lodger, She shrieks "How do you want your eggs , fried or boiled ? He then went in to a 'dream sequence' with a voice over saying

(Words along the lines of)

"Or poached? Scrambled?, or maybe a light fluffy omelet?" He then comes back to us and says "Cottled" and she replies "Hows that , fried or boiled ?"

Me , I love poached eggs on toast, scrambled eggs and bacon on toast, and every now and then I'll make a "Spanish omelet" using up bits of ham some peas etc.

• Upvote 1

I love poached egg on toast but my favourite of all is a fried egg sandwich, with tommy ketchup.

You'd be surprised how many people are partial to a fried egg sandwich. I remember reading how Omar Sharif had tried for the hand of Miss Julie Christie back in the 60's - this was when they were making 'Dr Zhivago'. Apparently Omar lost interest when during a break he caught the beautiful, young thing tucking into a fried egg sandwich; Omar thought it most common of her.

A plate of chips and a fried egg sandwich, every once in a while, who cares? You only live once.

• Upvote 1

my mum used to make me one of these when i was a kid, used to love em with a good dolup of tommyK! ... I made one the other night, took me back a few years :) Now iv mastered the art of poaching eggs... iv had them 3 days in a row for breakfast

Do you put vinegar in the water when poaching ? I only asked 'cause SWMBO looked at me 'gone out' when I told her to put some in when we were first married, she'd never heard of it !

i put a teaspoon of white vinegar in... i find it keeps the egg 'together' the times iv tried it without vinegar... it fell apart n made eggy soup!

Yes, remember my mum always advised putting a drop of vinegar in to hold the egg together.

I like eggs all of their different ways. I got a particular taste for eggs benedict a few years ago (but rarely get it).

What is eggs benedict exactly?? & yeah, i got some dodgey looks off the other half when i put vinegar in the water haha!!

Yep eggy bread or french toast was covering the bread with egg then frying it.....Gypsy toast was where you cut the hole in the bread a crack the egg into the hole and fry it.

also putting vinegar into the water when boiling eggs is 'supposed' to stop the shell cracking.

An Eygptian eye - slice of bread with a hole cut in the middle,drop in the egg and fry both sides.

Known as Nelsons eye where I come from ....LOL