Members 'Nostalgic Age' Photos.

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is me aged about 9 or 10 with my grandma.  Mum used to curl my hair in rags each night as my hair was never naturally curly!   It's only photo I have with my grandma... she was quite old whe

Me 1968/9 on me bike outside house I was born 28 Brixton Road Radford Nottingham Arms in the background. 

I put these together for a book 'wot i rote', makes you think when your lifes compressed into 15 photo's!

Posted Images

I have a photo similar to this#456 but its of my inlaws. Mamma sitting looking so sad , papa' smiling and looking so proud of his seven children. It looks as though she was saying look what you put me through.

• Upvote 1

I knew I shouldn't have put it on, haha. I've never seen the Waltons but I've heard they all say goodnight

to each other, benjamin.

I'll bet you're creased up with laughter as you commented that you 'loved the expressions on your faces' carni.

No, Lizzie, they weren't jamas. They was the latest fashion everyone was wearing at the St. Faiths Youth Club.

I'll bet you was wetting yourself with laughter as you commented on 'my angelic face' MargieH.

As Mandy, on the Dick Emery Show, would say: "Ooh, you are awful, but I like you" :biggrin:

• Upvote 3

Actually, Michael, I just think you were a good looking lad with a sweet face (sorry, I know the male of the species generally prefers not to be called sweet)

• Upvote 1
  • 8 months later...

Here's a blast from the past. Taken 41 years ago today, at the 6th birthday party of Chulla's daughter Barbara. I am on the left [didn't recognise myself at first!] Mrs Chulla is 2nd from the right and NonnaB is on the right.

Rise%20park_zpsh7ubg8nf.jpg

• Upvote 9

Thanks Katy, although I have the photo that you sent me. Miss Pat who passed on a good few years ago. All our daughters were good friends . I'm holding my son James and Deborah my daughter is the one covering her eyes. Dont know if you remember but she has gorgeous big blue eyes and is very light sensitive. Lovely photo with lots of memories.

• Upvote 1

Kath, you look very Cilla Black-ish. Can almost hear you singing ' Step inside luv'.

You got the event right, our daughter was 47 years old yesterday. I made a booklet for her of the 34 poems that I have written for NS. When she throws them on the fire in winter it will help to keep her warm.lol

• Upvote 3
  • 7 months later...

Here we go Miducks. Me age 16, Chris age 18, 1964 in the Ship at Skeggy. First Date. Note the Parkies and Cider, by gum I could put that Cider away, 2 glasses and I probably sang 'Show me the way to go home' all the way back to our Jinglebells caravan site. 

PS. By the way SueB48, do you recognise the coat, thanks for lending it to me.

5ff8be0a-a180-4974-95b1-8012062de549.jpg

• Upvote 11

472. Great pic, Carnie.  I know I have a photo of me and the late Mrs. Loppy in a pub in Ireland taken about the same time as  yours.   I'll check on the laptop later.  If I find it I'll post it.

• Upvote 2

Lovely photo Carnie..............feel a song coming on.........''young love..true love''.....................

edit........just seen yours NBL........big lad aint ya'......i'll watch what I say to you from now on...........lol.

• Upvote 3

Here it is as promised.  Loppy and the first Mrs' Loppy in a pub in Ireland 1964.  Married a year later.  Happy days they were.  We thought we'd live forever and do whatever we wanted.  Had a lot of livin' to do.

dj_young.jpg

• Upvote 9