Members 'Nostalgic Age' Photos.

as for back combs there were two kinds i remembere selling at woolis 1 silling each the straight comb and the tail comb as kath sez bet your school mate was making a packet selling them combs.

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is me aged about 9 or 10 with my grandma.  Mum used to curl my hair in rags each night as my hair was never naturally curly!   It's only photo I have with my grandma... she was quite old whe

Me 1968/9 on me bike outside house I was born 28 Brixton Road Radford Nottingham Arms in the background. 

I put these together for a book 'wot i rote', makes you think when your lifes compressed into 15 photo's!

Posted Images

Photos of members at their envisaged "Nostalgic age"; the age they see themselves and others when posting in this forum.

Wish I had some photo's of me, & my nostalgiworld era, truth was nobody carried camera's around then....................camera's were for 'oldies' , & I always avoide the 'family photo's',

if only I'd have realised how much such memories would mean to me, I bless the day I discovered this website, & all who contribute....................

PS: Wished the 'Quote' thing would work for me when only wanting a section of the writing.

Jackson

Press the quote button.

Delete the part of the post you dont want to include.

DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING WITHIN THE [ ] Parentheses

Type your post below it.

Talking of Nostalgia, I'm listening to Radio Caroline as I type - still my favourite station. It's on satellite and internet. I have bought a little gadget from the Caroline website that converts the internet signal in to FM and enables me to listen on any FM Radio throughout the house and in the garden.

Just found this shot in the shoe box from the mid 60,Nottm Mods Gray Mancer of Bestwood Est on the Vespa GS at the front.Not the best Photo.

Talking of Nostalgia, I'm listening to Radio Caroline as I type -

Pretty funny - I listen to it as I drive! Yep, over here in the good ole US of A I can get Radio Caroline - and the Beeb! Do it on my smart phone - there is an app that "receives" the internet radio stations, then transmits it via Bluetooth to my car radio! Magic!

• Upvote 1

And I thought I was the only one! I must get one of they smart phone thingies and listen on the car wireless receiving set.

Compo - the "app" I use is from Tunein - you can find it here: http://tunein.com/

Where you can also listen to a massive selection of radio stations that "webcast" - brilliant!

there is an app that "receives" the internet radio stations, then transmits it via Bluetooth to my car radio! Magic!

Can you direct me to such gadget Eric.

I have a smart phone but sadly it is smarter than me?

Smarter than mine - I have a pay-as-yer-go phone that is forever getting itself lost. I've no idea where it's got to today.