Members 'Nostalgic Age' Photos.

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is me aged about 9 or 10 with my grandma.  Mum used to curl my hair in rags each night as my hair was never naturally curly!   It's only photo I have with my grandma... she was quite old whe

Me 1968/9 on me bike outside house I was born 28 Brixton Road Radford Nottingham Arms in the background. 

I put these together for a book 'wot i rote', makes you think when your lifes compressed into 15 photo's!

Posted Images

Looks like a Leyland Tiger PS1 Duple half cab coach. Barton's had some and that could be in Barton colours.

yeh thats wright compo his sons ray and allan , the lowes lived in first house next block up from you rozand her husband and there till children andrew and ann and mrs lowe senior.

As this thread seems to have become sub-titled "Old photos of your relatives" here's my contribution. The lady on the right was my grandmother, and I believe - not certain - the old lady in the middle was her mother. I've chosen this photo because of its location; there's an obvious clue with local connections in the background. The date has to be pre-1930.

skeg1.jpg

• Upvote 1

And that number in the bottom RH corner - the street photographer's photo ID for when you go to collect it from the shop.

I was hoping that members would post pictures of themselves at the age they would like to be when they post nostalgic on topics. come on gang - how about some photos of yourselves as teenagers/twenties?

Mine are at my mums , I'm trying to get some sent over, or failing that, I'll get some next time I'm there .

Great to see these old pics.

We can see why Nottingham has long had its reputation for good looking girls.

The onlly things that date the photograph are Black & White, Clothes and hairstyles.

I bet the house is still there?

RCAF ,Dads Aircrew at Wigsley near Newark Nottinghamshire in WWII where they spent afew months.My dad on the Left front row. This is where my dad met my mother. who was in the Land Army near by.

I think most fought for their families and their homes and because they had no choice.The King and Country brigade were fast losing ground after the charnel house of the first world war.