Members 'Nostalgic Age' Photos.

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is me aged about 9 or 10 with my grandma.  Mum used to curl my hair in rags each night as my hair was never naturally curly!   It's only photo I have with my grandma... she was quite old whe

Me 1968/9 on me bike outside house I was born 28 Brixton Road Radford Nottingham Arms in the background. 

I put these together for a book 'wot i rote', makes you think when your lifes compressed into 15 photo's!

Posted Images

Those bricks in the fireplace just look wrong

Someone fiddling with the "Vertical Hold". <g>

My dad was based there for a while during WWII. (Woodhall, not the pub)

Knowing the history of the area as we do, he could well have been based in the pub !!

RAF Woodhall is the site I am currently working at, although the part I work on is no longer RAF, some of the runways and a few bits and bobs are still on site though, Thorpe camp is well worth a visit too, just about all you need to know about RAF Woodhall, run by a guy called Mick Hodgson very nice chap, and no visit to the area would be complete without a pint or two and a fantastic lunch in the Blue Bell at Tattershall Thorpe

Rog

It'll be early May before the 'Aviation spectacular' (various hospital appointments, SWMBOs shift pattern etc are slapping the mockers on owt earlier) I'm trying to get over for Tomorrow night but that's looking a problem now, after a hospital appointment was cancelled and rearranged for me last Thursday !!

I am getting over for the Notts County vs Bury match on the 21st though !! 12.30 kick off with free rugby afterwards again !! woo hoo !!

4902676086_f126cf3700_b-1.jpgBIG JOE McCARTHY RCAF the American Dambuster and crew.Came to Canada in may 1941 from New York to enlist in to the RCAF.Flew Lancaster T for TOM on the Raid.On is 10th run at the Sorpe Dam just 90ft above the water released the bomb which hit the top of the Parapet damaging the earthen wall.the dam had to be drain off later.
  • Upvote 2

I used to go to Ossingtom in the 1960s for driving practice on the former runway and peri-track.

• Like 1

In line with RGR's military photos, here's a couple from RAF Newton that appeared in the Nottingham Evening Post February 17th 1970:

Vulcan in the hangar. Shackleton behind the Vulcan and what looks like a Gloster Javelin in the back right corner. I polished the wings on that Vulcan!

scan0005.jpg?gl=GB

Bloodhound missile.

scan0007.jpg?gl=GB

Compo, didn't they have the Bloodhound missiles on permanent display outside Newton's main entrance? Seem to remember mates and me riding our bikes down that way a couple of times in the 50s.

They did. I would say that one's outside the Guard room judging by the houses.