Members 'Nostalgic Age' Photos.

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is me aged about 9 or 10 with my grandma.  Mum used to curl my hair in rags each night as my hair was never naturally curly!   It's only photo I have with my grandma... she was quite old whe

Me 1968/9 on me bike outside house I was born 28 Brixton Road Radford Nottingham Arms in the background. 

I put these together for a book 'wot i rote', makes you think when your lifes compressed into 15 photo's!

Posted Images

Nice pics again. I take it that from the size of your car, petrol/diesel costs less than our 'arm-and-a-leg' prices over here?

Got my first camera when i was ten,a Kodak 127 from Boots in nottingham.So over the year's always had Camera with me to record the event.I have few Big boxes of old Photos in in the Basement along with some of my dads phohos.

4604151085_0195edaf6a_b.jpg My Dad 'RCAF' Ready to Leave Canada(Oshawa Ont) for England in 1944 along with my Grandfarther who was in the Reserve RCN.

Got my first camera when i was ten,a Kodak 127 from Boots in nottingham.\snip\

This model?

IMG_3534.JPG?gl=GB

Why Brownie?

<Quote> (My red highlight)

In 1898 George Eastman asked Frank Brownell, his camera designer and manufacturer, to design the least expensive camera possible while at the same time making it effective and reliable. Eastman realized that if the cost could be reduced that more people, especially children, might take up photography which would lead to future film sales. Brownell came up with the Brownie Camera which Kodak started selling in February of 1900. "The Brownie" was named after the little characters created by the Canadian author and illustrator,Palmer Cox. His verse and entertaining drawings had been highly popular, even "Disney" character like, with children throughout the 1890's. By adopting the name and using the characters in advertising, Eastman, shrewd as always, gained a major marketing advantage. Some would argue that Eastman created a market that was not there before! That in itself would not have ensured the long-term success of the cameras, and thereby film sales, if they had not been of good value and reliable. For the next 80 years the name "Brownie" was synonymous with popular photography. Several generations of famous photographers acknowledged that their interest began through first using a Brownie box camera, which still happens today for future famous photographers as the Gallery on this website will point out. From the first cardboard and wood model in 1900 to the last, a compact moulded plastic cartridge loading pocket camera made by Kodak Limited in 1980, almost 100 cameras bore the famous name.

<End quote> See also http://www.brownie-camera.com/articles/origin/origin.shtml

I thought 'Consul Classic' at first but I can't be sure because the back end is missing in the photo.

Yeah that's the one I mean. Had a coupé twin brother the Ford Crapi (crap-e), long before the later Crapis came out. I don't think the rear wing is that of an Anglia though; but of course I could be wrong - I usually am.

1-26-2012_055.jpg?t=1335487887 Bulwell Park Tavern in mid 80s Left side the late Charlie Calkin old Highbury Boy and on the right Melvin Dobson Land Lord. (The car was a Ford Consul.)

Tell tale identifier for a Consul 315 is the fuel cap being behind the rear number plate. You can see the hinge assembly beneath the number plate in the image.

The Consul 315 was short lived, eclipsed by the far better Consul Cortina.