Members 'Nostalgic Age' Photos.

4233442381_72daa3795e_z.jpgHere"s a Beauty Compo,a Vauxhall Velox Friary estate conversion by Friary Motors of Basingstoke.
  • Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is me aged about 9 or 10 with my grandma.  Mum used to curl my hair in rags each night as my hair was never naturally curly!   It's only photo I have with my grandma... she was quite old whe

Me 1968/9 on me bike outside house I was born 28 Brixton Road Radford Nottingham Arms in the background. 

I put these together for a book 'wot i rote', makes you think when your lifes compressed into 15 photo's!

Posted Images

Both beauties RGR; I would be proud to drive around in either - or preferably, both!

on saturday last we went past the peacock at oakerthorpe to the amber hotel just up the rd for classic bikes chip buttie run a new pub to us lovely old fastioned pub made us very wellcome and the chips were nice. was told that they do a very good carvery lunch in the week by one of the other couples might go and try it one day soon loverly wood fire burning as it was still quite nippy outside.

Them pram wheels would have made a great trolly!

my silver cross dolls pram was pinch out of our back yard not long after i had had it by our nieghbour and used by him and his mates as a trolly , when we got it back it was ruined as the suspention was broken on one side, my dad made the nieghbours pay for it it was very expensive at the time about 60 pounds brough from the tally man dad made him make out a card for them and go to there house first for the payments for it took them over a year to pay for it . but i never did get another pram but i can still remember it really well marroon hood and apron with a white body just like the real thing but smaleri had an old 40s pushchair i could get two dolls in easily . and i had a black doll and a white doll in it for a few years some of the first rubber dolls with rooted hair, came without clothes but my sisters and friends sewed and knitted clothes for them for me and made sheets and blankets from old torn ones too.
  • 2 weeks later...
5-16-2012_002-1.jpg(Parliament St mid 90s) Will be flying to England on Monday night on some last minute family business.had to cancel trip to daughters place in California till september just hope the weather is good in the UK.

hi rgr weather today looks a bit better pity the wedding was not yesterday, are you gomming to nottingham on this visit

In your top picture (Parliament St.) I notice that 'The Gaumont' has changed a bit :o)

I don't think that was the Gaumant, it was on the next corner at the end of Wollaton St I do believe. That building you refer to had a bakery on the corner in me youf.

True; whether the Gaumont was there or not (and it wasn't by the mid 90s) you wouldn't have been able to see it from that angle. It would've been out of sight to the right of the tree in the centre distance

The gaumont was on the corner of wollaton st/goldsmith st facing the theatre royal . Also the gibbons stamp shop was opened in 1970 opposite the gaumont. .The gaumont was closed in jan 1971 and demolished.in feb 1973.

Will be flying to England on Monday night on some last minute family business

Are you in Nottm from THIS Monday RGR?

I am on a tight schedule this week travelling up to Lancs one day,

Babs Funeral Friday, any meet up is down to Monday or Friday for me.

Your negatives have suffered the same fate as mine RGR, scratches from all the moves I've made over the years plus fading with age.

I scanned a load of them and made some digital repairs, when I have the time and inclination I'll complete the job and do more work on them.

• 2 weeks later...
tn.jpg1943/4 Nottingham Land Army Girls at Thorny Hall near Newark Nottm,mother third on right side back row .Other names MIDDLE ROW (Betty Branley) (Audrey Felory) (Gladys Smith) (Maire Yorke) (Margaret Rdimtshaw) (Joan Shaw) (Elaie Clarke) (Mary Jbarmair) FRONT ROW (Margary Lamb) (Pedna Hardstaff) (Jean Roberto) (Dorothy Mattby) .BACK ROW (Jilne Station) (Jane Ofthinson (Hany Barbel) (J Robinson) (Miss Elliott) (Mother) (Marion Gledenae ) (Kathlean Jonnson)

My uncle, also a Nottinghamian was in Italy too. They probably crossed paths at some point.

I had an Uncle who fought in North Africa and the Sicily landings, he was wounded and returned home. Sadly he passed on a few years back.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...