Members 'Nostalgic Age' Photos.

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is me aged about 9 or 10 with my grandma.  Mum used to curl my hair in rags each night as my hair was never naturally curly!   It's only photo I have with my grandma... she was quite old whe

Me 1968/9 on me bike outside house I was born 28 Brixton Road Radford Nottingham Arms in the background. 

I put these together for a book 'wot i rote', makes you think when your lifes compressed into 15 photo's!

Posted Images

Presumably that is Louis Saunt far right on the wedding photo #588. He liked his wing collars - must have been one of the last men to wear them. I can just see Benji with a wing collar to set off his ties.

• Upvote 2

P_20170708_145258_001.jpg

Edith Elizabeth Ward 1889-1947, married Louis Saunt 24.12.1913. My maternal grandmother.

Yes Chulla, Louis was a very snappy dresser. Quite fanatical about looking after his clothes. Never went out without his hat, gloves, shoes polished like a mirror and his silver-topped walking cane. A sort of Victorian version of our Ben!  

• Upvote 3

P_20170708_145825_001.jpg

The Robin Hood Inn, Lambley, around 1910. This hostelry was kept by my great grandfather, John Thompson 1835-1905 after his retirement from farming at Crimea Farm on Spring Lane.  After his death, it was taken over by his son, John Thompson junior, my great great uncle, standing in the doorway.

• Upvote 4

P_20170708_152906_001.jpg

George and Emily Ward 1895-1969 and 1894 -1981 respectively.  They lived at 4 Garden Street, Radford until 1965. Looking for information about their house was how I first found Nottstalgia!

• Upvote 1

Great pictures jill and tabby,wonder if our desecdants will look back on us and see such a difference in styles?

• Upvote 2

#61#

I'm certain no one will ever forget you, Ben. Best dressed man in Bulwell! A legend in his own lunchtime! Want to know the secret of his success? Get yersen a liberty bodice! ;)

• Upvote 2

Jill, Now you have found out how to post images, there's no stopping you. They are a bit on the big side, though. Can you reduce them? You can post more than one image at a time. Catfan will tell you how.

Jill when you paste a photo link in to say NS, keep the NS dialogue box open & then paste your next photo link in as well doing this as many times as you like, max about 6-8 photo's. When you have finished pasting pictures then click on save as per normal.

Monty_zpsvthjtzj8.jpg

P10408241394x784_zps71be4b4b.jpg

etc, etc.

screenshot_14.jpg

• Upvote 3

Ive said before,i am the worlds worst at ANYTHING practical,let alone trying to post photos complete gobble-degook to me.......bought one of them 'Vape' things last week to try and cut me fags down,.......from my Asian newsagent Anil in Bulwell,.....anyway it stopped working the other day,so in a strop took it back complaining.......''have you tried charging it'?' said Anil,........with what?i asked.......''the bluddy charger that came vith it'' he said in his best Indian accent.........i had'nt noticed it,got home and after much cussing found it and worked out where to shove what where.......never had that trouble wiv me fags.......then someone mentioned 'right hand clicks' on me computer    WHAT? and please don't anyone try and tell me.......LOL.

• Upvote 7
1 hour ago, Chulla said:

They are a bit on the big side, though. Can you reduce them? You can post more than one image at a time. 

I was going to mention this as well. They all seem to be appearing original size as 720 x 1280 pixels which may be what your scanner is set to. Try setting it to a slightly smaller size when you scan them.

• Upvote 1

Sorry Jill......ex wives got rid of most of em.......and the few remaining would give my true identity away and that would/could cause me all sorts of problems.......:ph34r:

• Upvote 1

I think you mean Shurgar, Jill. Whatever, Loppy nailed him - Alf Garnett. It's that 'tache; dead giveaway.

• Upvote 1

P_20170708_155334_1.jpg

Grandad Louis in his winged collar once again at the wedding of his niece, Rosemary, in 1960 at St Leodigarius Church h in Basford. I am just visible, held aloft in someone's arms behind the bride's head!

• Upvote 1