Members 'Nostalgic Age' Photos.

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is me aged about 9 or 10 with my grandma.  Mum used to curl my hair in rags each night as my hair was never naturally curly!   It's only photo I have with my grandma... she was quite old whe

Me 1968/9 on me bike outside house I was born 28 Brixton Road Radford Nottingham Arms in the background. 

I put these together for a book 'wot i rote', makes you think when your lifes compressed into 15 photo's!

Posted Images

A land girl was billeted with my Mother during the war.She left after several months,and my Mother proceeded to clean her room for the next person.On top at the back of the wardrobe she found a dead newborn baby in a bag.

Police were called to investigate, but Mother never heard more,or found out what happened to the girl.Or whether the baby was stillborn.

The tragedy of what happened apart...the thing that amazed my Mother was that the girl showed no signs of pregnancy.And she slept in the next bedroom where the girl must have given birth alone without my Mother hearing or suspecting anything.

What that lass went through that night in those days of shame and scorn for unmarried mothers is hard to imagine.

That's a tragic story Poohbear; alas, it was to be some years yet before women had equal rights :o(

THE reason my mother is wearing the AG badge is my dad was a Tail Gunner and back then they wore there boyfriends badge.Married in 1945 and when to Canada later that year.

• Upvote 1

Mudgie49 thats Randy in the Blue Shirt last year when he came over to Canada to see dad (87 years old) on the right in the Grey coat. Half brother in blue Stripe shirt.

You both look like you've had a share of the sunshine. Nice photo.

After 45 years I'd still recognize Randy if we'd met on the street.Nice to see your old dad still enjoying having the 'kids' around.

Coming up to Detroit later in the year,to visit an old school mate.Maybe get together for a pint. regards Bryan

Think you are right 63 the year I left school, tapered trousers, suede shoes and brylcreem. Mam was always complaining about her pillow cases and writing that reminded me of the protective covers on the three piece suite to stop the grease marks

They used to have the grease protecting slips on excursion coach seats too....wonder if they still do?

Them covers were/are called anti-antimacassar's , so called when gents used to put macasser (sp) oil on their hair,

Great pictures though, must be great to look back on them, lost all mine when I left home so only memories left are in me head and they are starting to fade

Rog