Toys from your childhood

3 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

The Clangers was a tea time must watch. I loved it but it drove my mother up the wall.

Yeah my Dad used get irritated by that slide whistling but put up with it for us nippers !!!

• Like 1
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I bought Gollywogs as a gift for SWMBO's grandkids but neither she nor her daughter would let me give them to the kiddies. I think it is a shame when adult racist ideas are forced upon children.

I still have my Gollywog - he is a bit shabby almost bald all over.......I call him Tony Sambo and was 3 years old when he was bought for me in Christmas 1948........Still has his blue jacket and polk

The Clangers was a tea time must watch. I loved it but it drove my mother up the wall.

Posted Images

On 3/8/2019 at 3:37 AM, AlanB said:

I had Bayko which I loved, and metal meccano, also an electronic engineer kit which you could use to make things like morse code transmitters and a simple radio. I also collected Action Man stuff. One of my relatives passed on a "visible man" to me which was a teaching aid for the human body. My brother had Montini which was a cheaper version of lego.

We could only afford the cheapo version of action man , think it was called Johnny commando or something !

6 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Same for me with Lassie and Champion the Wonder Horse. The barking and whinnying got on my mother's nerves.

• Like 1

@katyjay I used to love champion the wonder horse and remember the song , inspired me to go and work in the horseracing stables when I left school in 1974 , another programme that got on my dads wick was Skippy the kangaroo,  I think it was all that,  talking to the kangaroo business he found unbelievable,  but I loved it,  also the alsatian dog rin tin tin jumps to mind too that was another children's programme I loved!

• Like 1

I used to like Lassie and the wooden tops and little weed on watch with mother

• Like 1
6 hours ago, David sheridan said:

Throwing Captain Scarlet and Thunderbirds into the mix !!

Sorry David, I thought almost all of the stuff produced by Gerry and Sylvia Anderson in "supermarionation" was a bit naff as you could often see the strings and wires. One of the Thunderbirds, I can't remember which one, when launched seemed to just flop off the launch ramp. Not for me even as a kid.

• Like 1

I thought I was in love with Scott Tracy, on reflection he was a puppet.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Cliff Ton said:

Yes, he did.

I used to love all cowboy songs when I was young , and listened to Frankie Laine when I was a nipper , one day my dad caught me listening to high noon , and say blimey you like that song ? I said yes , and he said he used to sing along to Frankie Laine in the Naafi  when in the army  !

13 hours ago, MRS B said:

I used to like Lassie and the wooden tops and little weed on watch with mother

Oh yes happy memories Bill and Ben the flower pot men ,  little weed  !!!