chuffing calverton tip

ey up mi ducks aint been on here for a while....but i thought i`d tell you bout my experiance at Calverton tip.....after our annual garden/yard spring clean me and me young un loaded the trailer up...two reclining arm chairs, lots of broken up flatpak wardrobes,two push bikes and a fair bit of scrap.....pulls up at the tip next to the skips and as soon as i got out of me shogun some jobs worth looked into my windscreen and then asked where my permit is....."what permit" i asked...he said you need a permit for a trailer...."are you f###ing joking or what.. its a bike trailer not a builders trailer cant you see that" i replied..he said "it doesnt matter what trailer it is you still need a permit"....well where do i get one of them from...he told me i could get one from the council or i could pop into the site office and fill one out.... so i can get a permit today then....oh no it`ll take 10/14 days if i post it off... he told me..... well thats no good is it you prat i`m here now...... well its been in force since 2009 so you should have known....WHAT!!!...are you taking the pee mister...its not like i`m a regular down here or any other tip!!!! anyway its bad enough that i have now got to drive all the way down here since you closed the gedling site....told him that i couldnt understand why they closed that site anyway as it was always busy down there.....now this bit really got me...he said "yeh it might have been busy but 99% of punters just brought in rubbish and there was NOTHING IN IT FOR US"....i turned the air blue at this point...thats the point you jumped up little ----k its a ----ing tip where rubbish goes!!!!!!......so i thought right...so if i drive out the site and unload my trailer i can bring it in......not unless you`re in a car...listen mate you just better get out of my way before i recycle you...drove me shogun out the gates un hitched the trailer and loaded the car up most of the scrap,wood and push bikes in the back and one of the chairs on me bonnet the other on the roof and with the back door open and me lad walking behind holding it all in i drove back into the site....as i was unloading i shouted across to hitler..."oi dickface permit this ----er"!!!!......there was no sense in it whats so ever....he could clearly see i wasnt a trader....anyway as luck would have it some young bloke starting up home wanted my two chairs but this didnt go down to well with Hitler... and to put a smile back on my face me lad found £20 ....so after all that sh#te we came away winners.......but honest no wonder so many people fly tip......

• Upvote 1

You don't expect anything organised by the council or their contractors to make sense do you? The whole country is one big tip because of all the EEC directives being followed to cut back on landfill.

Rubbish being dumped everywhere...surprise surprise...A kid of three could see that coming.

I had heard we needed permits to take a trailor load in to our local tip, so I emailed the council wallah in charge of issuing chits, got a nice email back within 24 hours attatched to it was a permit , downloaded it and ran off a couple of copies as it was going to take a few trips to dispose of everything.

We then loaded it and hitched it to the Zafira and I drove it down the tip expecting 'Hitler' to come running up screaming for my permit (Which to be perfectly honest and to my upmost shame, I hadn't put it on display just to get a rise out of them !!,) but no , nothing was said , so I unloaded it drove home , went back with another load, still no questions, I went back the following day , and STILL nobody said 'owt !!.......Go figure !!

I was turned away from our nearest tip (stapleford), our postcode was not in their area.

and had to travel all the way to Ilkeston. Next time I will have a Bramcote postcode!

We are lucky here in Caithness. Just drop in and tip yer stuff. I regularly see traders tipping, although of course, they may have permits. The tip men know everyone up here so they don't bother asking for permits. I used to go to my local one with stuff from work and the man in charge would often pass half an hour chatting with me and sorting out some bits of wood for me to take home.

Not too bad here in Carmarthen. Pick-up trucks aren't supposed to be allowed but I get away with it by using my old GMC because one of the lads who works there is mad on old American stuff.

and another thing....binmen came today so those of us that were in managed to run out to catch em as our bin day is friday.....so i phoned the city council to ask way they`d been today....."well they sometimes struggle to get down your street"....(well i`ve seen bigger lorrries down here without any problems)...so i asked why bother coming today when nobody ad put their bins out...."they`ll be coming back tommorow"......where as all the common sense gone???.....what a complete waste of money