Colwick Loco 1962

knew quite a few guys who worked inthe sheds and around the railways about tis time still in touch with some i lived very near the sheds at netherfield at the time but i was only 12years old in 1962 , some names that spring to my mind who still keep in touch withor should i say my older sisters do ,george brown john carlyle john morecroft, i would sit on the wall of railway club when i was younger and pester my sisters and there mates and all the young guys comming of shift at the sheds untill one of them gave me a tanner to go to chippy at the top of our st , they would all then quickly disapear but of course i knew this was going to happen. arh a tanner mix , lovely.

Hi P&B

non of those sounds familiar can remember Stan Needham, Ellis brothers, Terry Murden, John Scothon, Dave Handley, John Bestwick can,t remember any kids scrounging tanners though

Regards

• 4 years later...

I think Terry Murden went to work for Plessey in Beeston on leaving the railway. He was certainly there up to the early 90's when I believe he took his redundancy.