As a new boy and still exploring the site I'd like to ask for some advice. I know that this is probably the wrong place for this post but I've put it on here because a lot of the 'regulars' are here at the moment. Calm down lads, I don't mean bowel movements. I've been looking at old posts, some from 6/7 years ago and recognise names that people are asking about. Would I be wasting my time to make a comment on a topic where the last post entered was from such a long time ago?

I've been looking at old posts, some from 6/7 years ago and recognise names that people are asking about. Would I be wasting my time to make a comment on a topic where the last post entered was from such a long time ago?

You can respond to any message today, even if no-one else has commented on it for several years. You might bring the whole topic back to life again.

If you want to notify a particular person that you know someone, the best solution is to send a PM (Private Message) to the person who posted the message - even if it was many years ago. Hold your cursor over their name at the top of one of their messages, and you 'll see the PM facility. That PM will go direct to the email address which that person registered on Nottstalgia, so if they are looking at their emails they will see what you have sent them.

Also, look at the "Members" section at the top of this page, and you see when that person last logged on here. They may be looking, just not doing anything!

OP split from another topic and added to FAQ area.

People may subscribe to a topic and get reply notifications by email"

However Cliff is correct, a PM will get through to them both on their board inbox and email*

If they have chosen to receive emails from other member, there will be an email link which

does not display their email address, but sends them an email*.

(YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS WILL BE SENT TO THEM)

*If they have kept their email address up to date here

Thanks Cliff Ton and mick2me. I was also going to put a photo on my profile as a 16 year old as that was my age when I left the Meadows. I had problems doing this so gave up. I also have class photos from Trent Bridge Senior Boys School from 1958 and 1955ish.

• 5 years later...

Still having a problem that I've had for some time.

I can post replies to keep one drop one and a few other posts,but I can't post replies on most things,one being how's your day.

Could the problem be

I never sign out

I use an iiPad

? No idea what goes wrong ,I just tap on the reply box,nothing happens.

I know it sounds daft but I think it started when I had a C instead of my former 'crankypig'

I had to ask the question here as can't seem to anywhere else.

• 6 years later...

One can do no more than welcome them CT. Answer their query and take it from there. It's not as though anybody is standing over them with a shotgun. I try me best but maybe that puts em off.

I think the problem a lot of the time is that they find Nottstalgia by chance/accident, and they decide to make a post about something.

Then a few days later they remember they posted something somewhere, but they can't remember the name of the site or find it again.

Perhaps they forget the Name of the site or forget their username?  Or even think the members on here are too cliquey or too ‘friendly’ and they decide they don’t  want to be drawn in to conversations with people they don’t know?

Sorry CT just seen your post

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Cliff Ton said:

So far none of them has returned since their first post.

There was this one too , so annoying when you don't get the courtesy of a thankyou even if it wasn't the answer they were looking for !

https://nottstalgia.com/forums/topic/24369-stevenson/

2 hours ago, MargieH said:

Perhaps they forget the Name of the site or forget their username?  Or even think the members on here are too cliquey or too ‘friendly’ and they decide they don’t  want to be drawn in to conversations with people they don’t know?

Sorry CT just seen your post

Margie, I'm certain part of your explanation is also appropriate in some cases.