Americana International, Newark

Chris Jackson, the promotor of Americana, told me that this event started about 30 years ago in the backyard of a pub and has grown to one of the biggest American Style events in Europe. This event is held in the Newark Show Grounds just off of the A1 highway. For four days the show grounds are full of classic cars, truck and Harley Davidson Motor Cylces. Acres of American motorhomes. Trade stands were you can buy anything from Stetson Hats all the way up to a Chevy engine. Entertainment consists of rock a billy bands, country and western music, all type line musicians from America and Britain. Lots of eccentrics who dress in California Highway Patrol (CHIPS) uniforms and drive American Police Cars with all the lights and whistles. You will find civil war soldiers. Along with a western show where people are dressed as frontier people from the 1600's. This is one show that you can't miss. I have attended for the last 15 years. It is usually held the second week of July. If you have attended in previous years please post your picture or stories about it.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ford Mustang,Americana Newark.

Pontiac Firebird TA, Americana Newark Nottm.

Mick2me been down Palm Dessert a few times with my daughter flew South West from Sacramento only 35dollars, great spot if you have asthma that dry air is great unlike Florida that is so damp.Went to S

The poodle skirts here are plain felt, with a poodle sewn on near the hem and a lead coming up the skirt. Like you say though, why a poodle?

THAT MIGH BE DIANNS STALL SHE MAHES AL THE UNDERSKIRTS AND SOME OF THE SKIRTS HERSELF

our friend john has just ordered a new one of the american stlyle ones slightly different from the ones sold in this country even have airbags on the side johns at the moment is plain black he also has a honda roone not sure of the spelling with some of the most fantastic artwork i have seen matalic orange copper coulour with pictures of wizards and dragons . its one of only 4 in the country of its kind