Americana International, Newark

Wow I'm drooling here. I love American cars and Americana.. Always wanted one. My friends Father had a Chevy pick up, and a Cadillac Elederado. A Rolls Royce too. His gradmother, liked the ride in the caddy best.

My friend now drive a huge Dodge 4 b 4. We once rode in a 64 convertible Mustang, like riding in a tank.

I personaly new Kid creole, of Kid creole and the coconuts. He drove a grey early 50's car can't remember if Caddy or chevy. an d had one parked outside his home with a note, ''Waiting for parts from the states'. nice whitewall tyres.

We have a nice corvet in our village, and I've seen a Shellby, what a good looking car.

I know someone who has a red 50's Buick he bought from Las vagas, mint condition, cost him £6,000 so he claims, to import it.He had a cream Lincoln Continental, before that.

Some of the cars from the 30,s were nice too, and could be nice bright colors.

Some great pics, what camera did you use?. thank you for making my morning. De Da.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ford Mustang,Americana Newark.

Pontiac Firebird TA, Americana Newark Nottm.

Mick2me been down Palm Dessert a few times with my daughter flew South West from Sacramento only 35dollars, great spot if you have asthma that dry air is great unlike Florida that is so damp.Went to S

De Pete the camera i use is a small Canon Power Shot SX130,you might call it the Instamatic of today.Americana next year will be moving south to Leicestershire to a bigger and better facility,so may see you there.

RGR

Some nice cars there, I was walking around a small country town here in oz last week and thought it was rather busy.

There was a Rotary club group show on the showgrounds and part of it was a display of some really nice old cars, both US and UK models.

Took a heap of photo's with my Iphone so will download a few here later if ok with admins.

Some great looking motors Banjo,my Dad worked in the CKD dept.in the old Oshawa North Plant and they would box a complete car or truck in the wooden container and would shipped them all over the world.Lots of right hand drive cars were send to Commonwealth.This RHD red Pontiac Parisienne was built in Australia by GM Holden.pontiac003.jpg

• Upvote 1

De Pete the camera i use is a small Canon Power Shot SX130,you might call it the Instamatic of today.Americana next year will be moving south to Leicestershire to a bigger and better facility,so may see you there.

A good deal closer for the majority of folk in Nottingham to get to as well!

I'm very privileged to say that Chris Jackson the organiser has asked me to supply some music in the way of a disco playing some good old favourites from the likes of the Motown stable.

Can't wait!

The new Location for Americana next year is ''Prestwold Park" near Loughborough,just of the M1 at J23/24.Iwas a maze this year just how many top end Mustang's there are in the UK.BritishAmericancarshow1579.jpg

Trevor S, i post most of my auto photo's on Facebook "Classic American" a British magazine sitJuly2013triptoUK2199.jpge.Two Cadillac's at Americana show.