Ghost stories of nottingham?

9 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

The older i get the less i know ''

The same conclusion reached by Socrates...I know nothing except I know not.  This statement is regarded as the beginning of wisdom.

Perhaps if he had worn a liberty bodice, he wouldn't have had cold feet!  :Shock:

• Like 1
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Haven't you had enough? You've already been Casanova, Romeo and Ben! 

That is spooky, Carni. Thank goodness Poppy survived.   I have only ever had spooky experiences actually in houses. I used to live in an old farm house, near Newark, which had creepy stairs,

Waffle indeed !!   you never watched ''Randall and Hopkirk''                   

31 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

Thanks for the support Jill. I’m not a weirdo, just a rational person that believes that there is a scientific, non religious explanation for everything. I do realise that there are people who suffer from mental delusions and that it is an illness which ultimately has an explanation.

I believe you Phil..I use the same excuse myself!...three white orb's perfectly coordinated?

To say nothing of Svengali, Rasputin and Lothario !

• Like 3

I'm not sure whether this story is ghostly or coincidence. See what you think. Around 1970, returning home from taking my young son to school, I witnessed a very upsetting accident involving a car and little black kitten. The car hit the kitten, and the driver just got out of the car picked it up by its back legs and put it over the low wall in front of a row of small terraced houses. It had devastating head injuries. I told a neighbour who went to investigate as I couldn't face it. It was already dead.

In the year 2000 my daughter and granddaughter moved into a little terrace house. You have probably guessed it. They had lived there for a while before we realised it was the house , where the kitten had so callously been put over the wall many years earlier. The thing that makes me wonder if it was eerie is, my daughter has a black cat called Poppy, who had a terrible accident outside the terraced house, in the same place. She was in an awful state, she lived but lost a leg. I will never be able to forget the little kitten. The house and Poppy will always remind me.

That is spooky, Carni. Thank goodness Poppy survived.

I have only ever had spooky experiences actually in houses. I used to live in an old farm house, near Newark, which had creepy stairs, though not particularly frightening, but the hairs on the back of my neck often stood up. My brother also told me he felt uncomfortable on the stairs, and he is a very down to earth sort of person. There were sightings of an old lady in the house by my then husband and our daughters, I thought someone was outside the stables, but there was no one there. I heard footsteps over head when I was in bed, my daughters bedroom was directly above, where she and a friend has seen the old lady. I went up to check but she was fast asleep, and once I woke to see a face floating above me. Doors have opened and closed on their own and lights were seen to go on and off while we were away on holiday...in the same daughters bedroom. So lots going on, but it was never menacing. Curiously after I had sold it, the new owners took down the ceiling of the master bedroom and found a pipe and a man's jumper in the space between some beams which they exposed. Some of the house dated back to Tudor times, that particular part being about 1700's, so I dare say it has a fair bit of history to it.

• Like 3