What was No.1 on the day you were born?

Its the o158599270.jpg fer me then!

"The UK pop charts began in 1952 & the US charts in 1955. If you were born before these dates, try your life's theme song which is the No.1 on your 18th birthday"

In The Year 2525 (Exordium And Terminus) - Zager & Evans

I was born 13th Feb 1955.

Ruby Murray singing Softly Softly was # 1in the charts. I have never even heard of it !faint! & on my 18th birthday it was Blockbuster by The Sweet,now I do remember that B)

I can only remember one line from that little ditty, 'Softly, softly, turn the key and open up my heart' A bit soppy for me but I am afraid that is how it went at that time.

Do you remember Ann Shelton singing 'Lay down your arms' Another song from the same era. That went something like 'A soldier is a soldier and when he's on parade, an order is an order and has to be obeyed' They don't write them like that anymore, thank goodness...

A ;)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a George VI coronation tea spoon. I think it turned up in a job lot I bought on a trip to a Belgian flea market. I bought loads of spoons with adverts on them for the princely sum of £1.50 in proper money. Sold most of them but kept the one that was terribly British.

A lips0

• 4 years later...

I WAS BORN FEB 1951 TENNISEE WALTZ WAS TOP OF THE POPS CARNT REMEMBER WHO SANG IT ONLY JUST BORN

Seeing how I'm older than dirt and was born way before they started doing charts, I can't put anything down for what was popular when I was born. I'm pretty sure I'll Take You Home Again Kathleen was popular around that time, as my name had to come from somewhere!

"Too Young" by Nat King Cole in England, and "Because of You" by Tony Bennet in the USA!

Alma Cogan! WOW there is a blast from the past - but looking at Wikipedia, she died at 34!

Kath - you aren't THAT old - it was "Five Minutes More" by Frank Sinatra on your birthday!

It were a bit of Motzart when Ayup were born .........................................rotfl.gif