When and Where?

• 1 month later...
Does Radfordred Know?

The players pictured with the 'Shippo's' dray are, from left:

Charlie 'Chick' Thomson, Roy Dwight, Jeff Whitefoot, Bob McKinlay, Joe McDonald, Tommy Wilson, John Quigley, Jack Burkitt (captain), Bill Whare, Billy Gray and Stewart Imlach.

Sadly, and perhaps somewhat surprisingly, 8 of the '59 team have now passed away.

The only survivors being Thomson, Whitefoot & Gray.

Cheers

Robt P.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Love the "And Roy Dwights kick was a 'Crakerjack'!" and "Keep it under your hats , we're losing!"

By the way , who's phone is that ringing when Prince Philip is being introduced to the teams ??

• 4 months later...

Yes indeed...RIP to Billy.

Thanks for the many memories...

Jeff Whitefoot now the sole survivor, as so many of them died relatively young he must feel rather philosophical...

Cheers

Robt P.

• 3 years later...

The first time I saw Forest, they beat Crystal Palace 1-0 with a goal by Tommy Capel. Horace Gager was captain then. The other names I remember are Colin Collindrige - Wally Ardron - (?) Scott - Jeff Thomas - Noel Kelly. The others skip my mind, but happy days when it was a bag of chips on the way home, kids were passed over the crowd to the front and the Salvation Army Band entertained at half time.

I watched forest, when Ian storey Moore ,Peter McCormack,Jim baron (goalkeeper,Martin o,Neil ,that sort of era ,then clougie spoilt it by producing a excellent team,I watched John Robertson pre cloughie,and I think only cloughie could have made him the brilliant winger he was .happy days.

• Upvote 1

I always felt that you could see there was a good player in John Robertson in those days. He played in midfield and had a lot of skill but was of course out of shape and going nowhere in the game until Cloughie came along and turned that around. It was an absolute masterstroke putting him out wide on the left wing. Such a brilliant, briliant player. One of the greatest in my book.

Peter Cormack was a terrific midfield player who, though not that big, scored a lot of goals with his head. It's not generally known but he was a superb goalie as well. He had a very distinctive high-stepping run. Shame that he was too good to stay at Forest at that time.

Wrote a few words about Peter a while back. His son was good enough to leave a comment underneath.

Peter Barr Cormack

not_131_peter_cormack.JPG

• Upvote 1

2-0 half time. Come on you Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeds.

• Upvote 1

Two new players score, and we keep a clean sheet. Yes, that will do.

• Upvote 2
  • 1 year later...

Only been to three league matches in my life. Two at Everton with the late Father in Law and once at the City Ground to watch Forest. around 1970. IIRC, they lost to West'Aaaam.