Seeking relatives of Emma Jane Stapleton

Emma Jane Stapleton. ( nee Sadler ) Born Papplewick 1859.

Married Thomas Stapleton 1887 ( Schoolmaster )

Died 17th June 1937 at Bulwell

Believed to have had several children, two of which lived past childhood - Richard Theodore and Edward

Relatives sort please. Thanks

Hi Ladyinred

!891 Living in Bulwell,Thomas a schoolteacher and Emma a Board School Governor

2 children neville aged 2 and Leonard 2 months

1901 Living in Bulwell still a teacher 2 children Richard theodore aged 2 and Edward aged 1 so Neville and Leonard must have died

1911 Living at Forestdene bulwell 2 children Richard T and Edward Assistant School Teacher and employed by Nottingham Educaion Commitee

Richard T died in 1932 and married Elsie S Smith in 1924. There's a Letter of Administration for him where Elsie Sybil Stapleton adminstered the estate Searching for any births of children with mothers maiden name Smith throws up a few possibilities but without birth certs, can't be sure that they were the children of the right couple.

Elsie may have remarried - to an Arthur L Cree in 1936, although can't see any children born to them in Notts.

Emma Jane left a Will. Might be worth getting a copy of that to see who is mentioned and their addresses.

• 8 months later...

I joined Nottstalgia some time ago but haven't been very active, I Googled Forestdene and was directed here. Thomas Stapleton was my 4C3R. Until just now I hadn't heard of Emma Jane nee Sadler although I have some Sadler's in my tree. I would be very grateful for any snippets of information on this family. I live in Western Australia now but I was born in Basford. My paternal Great grandmother was Agnes Ann Stapleton, born 1864 in Clay Cross, Derbyshire of a Basford father Samuel. I only discovered the Basford link recently, long after I left England. In the late 1940's and early 50's I was a choir-boy at St Leodegarius in Basford where unbeknown to me at the time, so many of the Stapleton's were baptised, married or buried.

I also found out that Horace Cyril Stapleton, 1914 - 1974, the famous BBC band leader was my 3C1R.

Good luck, your post will remain here, if not answered its content will be indexed by Google.

Subscribe to this topic, keep your email up to date, and you will receive notification of any replies.

• 1 year later...