Jackson: if you want a really hardy Clematis try 'Clematis montana rubra.' I have two in my garden and they have withstood 100MPH winds and temperatures as low as -21°C. It has pink flowers in April/May.

I can't even cope with the dried dead ones, let alone the wiggly ones. My partner once threw a pack of dried meal worms at me for a joke, I thought I almost had a panic attack! Orrible things!!

Hi Babs, what a beautiful story, a robin making its nest in a cycling helmet; how privileged Lee must have felt.

What a lovely occasion it must have been in school Assembly when the children and Staff were treated to Lee's tale. :smile:

Compo, I'll seek out the clematis you suggest. It always devastates me if something that I've planted dies. I've 'lost' an Acer in my front garden - I think I may have planted it too near my glorious Magnolia Tree - every day I take a look out of the window just hoping that a tiny leaf has appeared . . :mellow:

TALKING ABOUT MAGNOLIA TREES GOING THROUGH BURTON JOYCE AND UP TO GUNTHORPE THERE ARE SO MAGNIFISENT ONES AND OF COURSE ALL IN FLOWER AT THE MOMENT DID NOT GO FAR YESTERDAY AND NOT OUT FOR LONG BUT SAW SUCH A LOT OF LOVELY FLORA AND FAUNA.

Hi Babs, took some photographs of my Magnolia tree today; it's put on such a magnificent show this year. The blossoms don't last long, already the tree's fallen petals - like huge petalled confetti - are decorating my garden; it's almost as though there's been a wedding. :smile: