Speak Nottinghamese

I often have to work in the Sheffield are. I always give 'em some Nottinghameze. Trouble is, they all want to know what this duck is all about.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you want to sing along? Ay up mi duck, ay y got a parnd Gooin darn tarn, meet me at the Lion Vodka through a straw, I'm already pissed up I'll spray some shapes so the girls all act up Gerrup, sta

Someone had to keep conk while we bunked steam sheds. One would stay concealed near the enter acne while the rest scurried along the lines of engines. We then gave him a list as he took a furtive glance down each row.

Someone always had to keep conk round the corner at "The fag hole" on the way home from school. Or when we were out on a scrumping expedition!

I don't do either, these days. Fun at the time. :biggrin:

Perhaps your nose is nowadays pressed up against the window of the nearest cake shop Carni !!!!

• Upvote 2
  • 1 month later...

Good old working class Nottinghameze seems to have been overtaken by this appalling attempt at English which appears to emanate from within the enclave of the M25 .

They can't say Party... It comes out as part eeee, and dirty becomes dirt eeee. Too much Eastenders and Towie methinks .

The Only Way Is Essex. It's about brain dead posers in Essex. Fake tans, fake boobs, over whitened teeth. Shallow, superfluous, superficial pap. You've missed nowt gel !!!!!

• Upvote 3

That's a new one on me, but it figures.

Sounds like another one of those... you say potayto, I say potarto.

I've always said both cinema and cinemar, like I might say Southwell or sometimes Sutthal.

I went to the hairdresser to have my fringe cut today. The hairdresser shampood me and struggled to get the comb through me mop. I said, 'It`s a bit luggy isn`t it?' and she looked rather uneasy and peered at my head. She didn`t know what 'luggy' meant and thought I`d meant 'buggy'.

(She came from dahn sarf.)

• Upvote 4
  • 3 months later...

seems strange to read the sayings ive only been left nottm for 12 yrs my cousin who I speak to often comes out with a lot of the old sayings sometime they creep out in conversation my niece came round the other day shes 12 said do you want a sucka ...looked at me gone out hehe

I found it unnerving when I worked on Mr Softee ice cream vans when females asked if I'd got a King Dick ! ( a chocolate coated ice cream sucker )

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Speak Nottinghamese