Speak Nottinghamese

when down to double 1 on dartbod, it was always Madaahs (madhouse) when I played darts in the 70's .....................I played with 3 blokes, but we had to pack up when their 'eds went blunt....................

Is it time fo' me cote?

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you want to sing along? Ay up mi duck, ay y got a parnd Gooin darn tarn, meet me at the Lion Vodka through a straw, I'm already pissed up I'll spray some shapes so the girls all act up Gerrup, sta

A score of 26 was known as 'Bed and Breakfast' 'cause it was 2 and 6 (Two shillings and sixpence)

When us kids were laying about, doing nothing and getting under the oldies feet or, not sitting properly in chairs etc, you would be told to:

'Stop slorming about' or 'Stop slorming around and do something useful'.

Reckon I went through a time back then when I was accused of 'slorming' every other day!!

• 2 weeks later...

I always mash my tea. In fact mash is a more correct word for the infusion than brew. Brewing infers the construction of alcohol of one form or another. The mash is teh infusion of hot water with grist, in this case Camellia leaves.

• 4 weeks later...

Mucker- army slang,originated in the Engineer regiments/ pioneer battalions,the first poor sods who began digging the trenches on the Weatern front.

1914-18.was commonly used by veterans in England not just Nottingham. More trivia,I'm going for a coffee break.

alright mucker?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

...and something fast goes like "s**t off a shovel"!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Speak Nottinghamese