Dennis J M

Speak Nottinghameze

Gutta Wevverspoons, beer dunt costas much.

probleh cuz thiwatteritdahn orsummut

...and something fast goes like "s**t off a shovel"!

....and whats to eat....'s**t with sugar on'.

..........and Humble Pie for afters.

Hoss cock & lettuce, or sheeps cock & onions.......................what a menu!!

Tha canna beet how we speek,it feels rate and tha knows, it is rate.never forget our heritage...

" Avbinn wokkinn lyka Shippoazsoss "

" Evvyerredditt genya "

" Intitt Koad? "

Classic lines that I heard growing up.

brass munkeh weather!!

Just thought I'd pop back in here after a little toaster related incident this morning, my present wife overdid her toast and I blurted out something I've not said , or heard for years, 'yuv bont it tu boggery'. Got a very strange look.

If it's brown it's done if it's black it's boggered

Rog

After yesterdays fishing outing 'I'm bunt tuh buggery too'

• Upvote 1

My daughter who lives down south rang up work to say that she'd be late in as she'd overlay. Nobody knew what she was on about.

It reminded me of the embarrassing incident when I ventured down there in my youth. I stopped an ice cream vendor in his van and said "Canna ava sucker?" The bloke was totally baffled until I pointed out what I required from his illustrated list ......"Oh you mean an ice lolly," he responded. I continued "Anna Tub" which elicited more perplexity until another pointy finger met with "you mean a carton!".

I decided after that never to stop the icecreamo again. Having spent a fortnight explaining that "mending the fire" didn't mean it was broken and "mashing the tea" didn't equate to mashing the spuds. I was glad to get om where we speak proper.

I think I'm spending too much time on this forum.

Went to the bakery section of a large supermarket the other day, as I was preparing to barbecue some burgers and needed to put them in something.

My question of "Ayagorranycobs, duck?" met with a blank response, as if I was talking in tongues. :biggrin:

I know what you mean RobL,when i came to West Mids i soon realized people dint know what i was saying,one of the things my hubby thought was funny was when i said to him, listen to the beds singing duck, and no one knew what babies pods were,sad to say i had to drop a lot of Notts Lingo,or Stand and explain worahweronabaaht.

Any way who would really think a Bed would sing about ducks. smile2

The lady at the airport checkin desk when asked for her busbands passport replies "isgorrizzenweim"

Thought you'd like to know that.

Sorry