Petrol & Diesel supplies

whent today to fill up the car as we both get paid on a saturday and thats usually our day to put in main petrol if we go out in the week wetop up with a bit more in the week asda at hyson green got no petrol so closed untill they can get in suplies had pssed jet garage on 614 yesterday no queues price 139 p per litre so off we go out there as we need he petrol for tommorow and rest of the week as i carnt get very far with out the car fill up 141p todayoff to ilkeston to get some fresh meats and cobs from our favorite shop for cooked meats for sandwiches tomozon the way back saw two garages we had forgotten about nearer home one was same price 141p other still 136p per litre how long for i dont know but still we got our fuel and can go out as planned tomoz and enough for this week and we will top up were and when we can and hope it calms down soon or ill be stuck in the house and ill go stir crazy. but if there is a strike and fuel gets rationed nurses and drs should get priority badge so they can get to there patients the ambulance and fire stations then vital food delivery vans busses so people can still get back and forth towork if at all posible then the disabled befor ordanary joe public but dis abled sould limit there journies to essencial trips like shopping and the drs hospitals and day centres i would be more than willing to do this

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

“You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time”. Abraham Lincoln, 16th President of the USofA (1809 -

I was going to fill the bath with petrol, but the Missus has her postage stamps and pasties in there!

Spotted today on me walk.  

Hi Dgbrit

So your 150 is targetted to cost $0.2063 cents per mile.

My Focus (diesel) costs £0.13 pence per mile which converts to $0.2085 cents per mile.

So, cost is very much the same whilst your vehicle is twice the weight helped by US fuel at the lower price.

Dont think your Focus would tow a 22ft racecar trailer though lol , Not that we do that much anymore

The problem here is everything is so far apart you have to have a car as there is little to no publlic transport,

I average about 100 miles a day but i still work full time.

topped up today after our day out yesterday no queues 136p same price as it was at asda last week now 141p. so at least some garages are not making a mint out of the motorist hope they keep the custem after the panick buying.

Here's a question: By-and-large oil producing countries pay far less for their fuel than non-oil producing countries. Why are we different?

When in Southern Patagonia I noticed a large dome on top of a volcano. I was told that it is a gas collecting device and it is piped from there to a refinery where it is made into car fuel. It was selling on the forecourt at 9p/l when petroleum fuels were (approx) 50p/l (local price). I'm sure if we were able to do this we would still be paying high prices for the stuff.

Hydrogen is the most abundant element in the universe. Unlimited supplies that produce clean water as an exhaust and the technology is in place to use it for vehicle fuel; so why are we not using it as a fuel? Oil barons and government are minting it with high priced fuel oil, that's why.

Thatchers name always crops up with this subject...Heseltine instigated most of the anti NUM policy...history seems to forget about him.

He was just her Axeman/Yesman as were the rest of her cabinet - don't forget she was female and who would dare argue with one of those?!

:rotfl:

He was just her Axeman/Yesman as were the rest of her cabinet - don't forget she was female and who would dare argue with one of those?!

Heseltine resigned from Thatcher's cabinet because he disagreed with her on so many issues. Apparently he stood up one day at a cabinet meeting and stormed out of Downing Street. He eventually stood as a Tory leadership candidate against Thatcher and he received enough votes to prevent her getting an outright victory; thus he was instrumental in ultimately causing her defeat and resignation

I was lead to believe that the downfall of Thatcher began a short time after the 'Falkland escapade'.There were many questions to be answered,two of the biggest.

Who signed the joint agreement(with France) to sell, European built missiles to Argentina? that killed British soldiers.

How was the battleship 'Belgrano' sunk.

Remember how Maggie was summoned to the 'Palace' 24 hours after the victory parade.

The 'Iron lady' was kicked out by her own back stabbing cabinet.

Re Exocets the British Govt actually did a "fiddle" sending an MI5 or similar operative to france and he bought (cept he didn't in reality) all exocets the french had making them unavailable to the argentins after the first attacks, also the failure of the low level bombs that hit several british ships and would have ended our attempt to recapture the islands had they gone off was not the argentines fault, the fuses were correct set, the BRITISH bombs were faulty. The crowd at last nights Euro Cup Football match in Spain shown on uk tv were constantly shouting Las Malvinas son argentinas! with a vengance, trouble is coming!

Nowt to worry about folks , half a Sdrn of Typhoons could take out all the Argie stuff capable of attempting to attack "Las Malvinas"

The down side is that we've got no way of getting them there !!

And don't forget Labour governments closed down more coal mines than anyone

Rog

But it'd still be Mrs. Thatcher's fault Rog! ;)

No mention from the cloth caps of the inescapable fact that even if we did produce diesel fuel and petrol from coal, it would not only be prohibitively expensive but the country would also be subject to the whims of the union barons, much the same as we are today with the tanker drivers.

That, and the fact that unlike Germany we do have oil reserves, is the reason it didn't happen.

Know what you mean Scriv

By the way Mr Scargill found not guilty of taking some money for his own use from the NUM and Mr Greatrex found guilty of taking some money for his own use from the UDM. You just got to feel sorry for all miners if they can't trust their own leaders

Rog

• 5 years later...