Petrol & Diesel supplies

Going back to my previous post that was going ‘off track’ from the thread, we had to go into Newark to buy some essentials. We diverted via Southwell and managed to refuel. They only had the more expensive ‘supreme’ diesel but at least we now have enough to take us 450 miles so that should keep us going for some time. Maybe the situation is easing. The garage was busy but there were lots of pumps and no queues. Now that we know we can go places, we don’t particularly want to!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

“You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time”. Abraham Lincoln, 16th President of the USofA (1809 -

I was going to fill the bath with petrol, but the Missus has her postage stamps and pasties in there!

Spotted today on me walk.  

3 hours ago, radfordred said:

Filled up @ Sainsbury's in Beeston yesterday no queues, looks like the mass hysteria & panic created from the remoaners is over :crazy:

You are lucky - our local Tesco and Sainsbury’s had  no fuel this morning and the entrance was blocked off.  Two other fuel stations on my way home on the bus were empty too.

Personally, we aren’t panic buying - just need diesel to get to a hospital appointment tomorrow and a funeral on Friday!

You are fortunate to have stations which have enough fuel….

The situation here seems to change rapidly. I went to fill our daughter’s Jeep In Southwell at lunchtime and they had been cleaned out after this morning. I continued on to Waitrose in Newark where the pumps were deserted but there was fuel available. 

The trouble is … we live in a village and it would mean catching 3 buses to get to a hospital appointment and would take around 2 hours to get there….

We’d taken little interest in the fuel panic buying and it hadn’t occurred to us that there was going to be a issue, even when we were driving home from Dorset on 19th September and a BP station we use regularly on the A43 at Brackley didn’t have any fuel. Then last Sunday at 4.30 am we set off to EMA to go to Corfu.  Couldn’t believe the chaos on Lenton Boulevard. There were dozens and dozens of cars waiting to get into the BP garage, the entire length of the road, in both directions ……. at 4.30am!
Glad the situation has eased while we’ve been away enjoying the sunshine, but we do need to fill up again in the next couple of days.   

My DB has done  less than 2000 miles this year in her new Fiesta. counting tax, insurance, depreciation, servicing and fuel it would be far cheaper to sell it and use a taxi service.

• Like 1
  • 8 months later...

Diesel today in the Philippines 66 pesos , that's just over £1 uk prices,

2019 Diesel  33 pesos , that's just over 50p in uk price .