After hearing the link in the Radio Luxembourg thread, for the music to Two Way Family Favourites, I thought I'd start a nostalgic music thread for other radio programmes. Here's a starter, the music to Paul Temple - Coronation Scot. This has always been a favourite of mine.

• Upvote 1

How wonderful putting this on Kath; certainly takes me back. Was this music played on 'Children's Favourites' by Uncle Mac? I didn't realise it was the music to 'Paul Temple' - loved the Francis Durbridge series; can you remember 'The Scarf'? Didn't we have some wonderful 'mystery' serials back then?

I thought it was beautiful of Cliff Ton to put on the music to 'Two Way Family Favourites'; I kept playing it - brought back the sights and sounds and smells of yesteryear. :smile:

I think you are right Jackson, Paul Temple music was played on Children's Favourites.

Here's the theme to Children's Favourites.

Yes, that's right. It seemed like one of the highlights of the week in those days.

it's sometimes hard to remember that our favourite pop music wasn't always readily accessible to us like it is in the modern iPod/digital radio age.

This is what you need

http://www.amazon.co...33382568&sr=8-1

I've owned it for several years. It has all the original radio and tv theme tunes from the 50s and 60s. Such as:-

Music while you work

Childrens' Favourites

Dr Finlay

Housewives Choice

Dick Barton

The Archers

Down Your Way

Animal Magic

Top of the Form

Paul Temple

They are all the original recordings as you remember them, not modern re-makes or updated versions. This is the recording of your youth. Get it and go back in time.