I was gonna put this under the Local Nutters thread, but this guy is more of a character than a nutter.

You may have seen him around the City or in Radford during the 60-70s.

Mr. Williams was a rotund black gentleman, he must have been at least in his 80's when he died late 70's- early 80's.

He was distictive because he wore a white pith helmet, and walked with a cane or umbrella. He had milk bottle bottom glasses. Once seen never forgotten.

He lived in the Raliegh Street area of Canning Circus, and was a retired school teacher, teaching somewhere in Nottingham. I wonder which school he worked at? If you were tought by him, I bet he was a disciplinarian!

Does anyone remember him, or know where he tought?

• 1 year later...
  • 10 years later...

Well!!

I thought we all called him Mr Williams because around that time Norman Vaughan or Bob Monkhouse had finished with Ann Aston and " living colour" Charlie Williams was the host on Golden Shot..we thought this colonial gent was Mr.Day..maybe Lawrence? My Mother used to chat to him on the Arbo. I'm shocked someone remembers him and not 'itchy coo' or 'click vung'!!

Not too far away then.

Youngish bloke about '30s ? Can't be many spaceship oddballs about, he was absolutely convinced "they" were here & could describe in great detail everything you wanted to know about "them".

Brian was a great source of amusement !