What things have 'improved' in Nottingham?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think it is wrong to trash talk the City of Nottingham. This is the place of my birth, where I live and is the place I love. I have travelled all over the world and people in every country know of N

Thanks Kat Well that reminds me. The fine people I have met via this site

Central market a great place then not like vic centre market today

You're right Compo. Let's give up, Nottingham is truly crap.

Probably no worse than any other city these days Stu :o( Not sure whether the city brings out the worst in people or whether bad people make the city worse. Either way, it doesn't take many bad eggs to spoil the nest.

the girls up forest road are better dressed these days!

They used to dress fine when I lived near there. somewhere, forget which thread, I mentioned the time when my friend tried to 'Pull' one of those finely dressed ladies of the late evening. She told him to 'go away' in no uncertain terms.

:rotfl:

isn't it funny how it was "always a mate" who did things thus?

It was the same principle with "adult" magazines like Penthouse or Mayfair. You never knew the person who had originally bought the thing; the copy you were looking at always came from a mate who got it from someone else

probably didn't offer enough? isn't it funny how it was "always a mate" who did things thus? my mate said how much? she replied "a fiver, same as your sister charges" lol

In this case I know what she said because it was my idea and I was there. His wife had left him and he was depressed and desperate. I remembered when in the RAF a fellow we called "Chivers", after the jelly, was overweight and desperate so we took him to Yates's Wine Lodge in Nottingham (Based at RAF Newton at the time) and bought him a lady for a few quid. He visited her regularly and, believe it or not, ended up spending many full nights and weekends there - free of charge! I suppose that's not too surprising really, he was a nice bloke; but I digress.....This prompted me to suggest a similar solution to my pal but I think that the presence of two young men together may have given the impression that we wanted a "Threesome" and were promptly rejected. This actually made him worse than ever. Can't win 'em all I suppose.

A couple of years before that incident I was standing waiting for my lift home outside the pub next to the Flying Horse (Name?). It was about 10 PM and a woman came out from the pub and started talking to me in a friendly manner; I responded likewise. After a couple of minutes pleasantries she asked "Are you looking for business?" Being näive at the time I looked puzzled and she said "Do you have money?" I replied that I had no money, I was waiting for a lift. She immediately turned sour and said "Well go and wait somewhere else - this is my bloody patch!"

Excuse me fellas - and don't call me a Female Chauvinist Pig - but what have the previous four postings got to do with this topic's title: 'What things have 'improved' in Nottingham?' :crazy:

Signed: Ms :Kiss: Jackson

Errr.....Sorry Miss, please don't cane me - on second thoughts though <weg>

:inthebin:

One forum to which I belong has a motto: "Thread drift is mandatory"

smile2

As I havn't lived in Nottingham for overe 40 years & only look at it through a "visitors" eyes I think on the whole Nottingham has somewhat improoved.

I do like the area round "slab Square"/wheeler Gate being almost traffic free.

I visit Nottingham at least once a fortnight & always enjoy my stay.

One parting shot I still miss Victoria Station

I think it is wrong to trash talk the City of Nottingham. This is the place of my birth, where I live and is the place I love. I have travelled all over the world and people in every country know of Nottingham. Whether it is Nottingham Forest, Robin Hood or something else people will speak of Nottingham with affection. If you aren't happy with the way the City Council is running Nottingham then vote them out. Despite the Nottingham Post often reporting the corruption and scandals of the present Labour Council people will still vote them back in. If a different Party get in and they don't improve things then get rid of them also until we find a Party that will work for Nottingham and it's people. No City on Earth is perfect and neither is Nottingham but it's people should all work together to make it the great City that it is.

• Upvote 3

Bubblewrap do you like the new crap square, sorry slab square?as for missing bulidings the flying horse also old broad marsh and others.

Not a lot .There again I presume the same Question was being asked in 1928/9 after the "new" council house/market place was opoened &I think in about 60 years time when the powers that be decide to renew it again the same questions will be asked.

But I DO! miss the Gent's more that any thing

micheal i think most of us on this site love our nottingham realy there have ofcourse been some good changes and some bad changes within the city and that as they say is procress wether we like it or not and i am sure you wiil have things and places you wish were still the same as when youwere younger but in one way or another its been changed, i know i can think of a few. like you i still love nottingham as a place and would not move anywere else and even if i had to for any reason my heart will still be in nottingham and its people and friends.

Bubblewrap do you like the new crap square, sorry slab square?as for missing bulidings the flying horse also old broad marsh and others.

I still remember the Flying 'oss as a pub

But it is not all bad the Watson Fothergill building (can't remember it's title) on the corner of King Street is still there The old Boots shop is still on the High Street & the Building that used to be the Dog & Bear on High Street is there although I wish it still served Bass instead of coffee.