It seems most of us are interested in some form of wildlife, birds,animals, what about the flora? here's one to get you started

Woodhallwildlife11.jpg

Bee Orchids

Rog

Hopefully I'll have a shot of my Amerylis Lilly that's decided to flower yet again !! (5th time now)

:smile: Isn't Mother Nature fascinating?:

the design on the Bee Orchid looks like that of a bulbous bee attempting to gather pollen from the inside of the flower.

the fly-away delicacy of the Cherry Blossom's petals, juxtaposed with the erect hardiness of its stamens. :smile:

I like the cherry blossom pic, the ones at work just started coming out yesterday in all that rain we had, hopefully they'll produce some nice cherries again like last years,

Jackson, I like that description very much, an artist with words if I may be so bold

Rog

Believe it or not, I took that with my "Big" lens from about 20 foot away !!

Small deer like creature about the size of a Labrador dog, maybe a tad smaller, not a native species of Deer but plenty about

Rog

Littlebro, very nice pictures, thanks for posting.

Ian, I thought they tasted like swan but a bit more earthy slywink

Rog

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hopefully I'll have a shot of my Amerylis Lilly that's decided to flower yet again !! (5th time now)

I had three amaryllis at work. When I first started they were in a shady spot and never flowered. I repotted them and moved them into the sun. After the first year they flowered so I dead-headed them and let the foliage grow on for the summer and then dried them out, allowing the foliage to go brown and dry. They were then left for a couple of months before rewatering in October. this brought them into flower in February every year for the next eight years - young Ailleen has taken over now and they are flowering again this year

Tastes a bit like Single Malt (IMMSC)................................ slywink

Here's the Amerylis (Thanks for the memory jog) It first flowered about 13 years ago (Wedding present) then again about 6 years ago , it's 'leafed' on and off ever since only ever getting watered when it was producing leaves, but no flowers. Then we came back from our holidays in March to see a bud that looked distinctly like a flower as opposed to the normal leaves. I watered it as normal , then fed it, and pow!! this happened.

7176205922_aa3373c5bc_b.jpg

7176206414_a9c3bd0640_b.jpg

I have cleaned the windows since ...honest !!

A couple of other 'Nature shots'

A Wood Pigeon, (One of the three that broke my TV aerial between them , Little sods!!)

7176205692_68c70044f4_b.jpg

And a couple of the Rabbits that are invading the locale:-

7176205330_5064cc9dfc_b.jpg

7176205192_5bc25d7834_b.jpg

• Upvote 1

What sort of camera do you use Beefsteak? My compact has broken and I was thinking of upgrading to something a little better.

They were all taken on a Canon EOS 550D, the first two were taken with the standard 'kit' lens (18-55mm) the next 3 were with my 100-400mm

Total price around 2 grand ( but don't tell SWMBO)!!!