Typical, boring bank holiday monday!

Our bank holiday is August 15 and everywhere is getting ready for the festivities. Concerts in the square with food stalls surrounding the stage. Many famous and non famous groups arrive for 10 days of chaos oh and including a funfair for children as well as adults

18 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

August 15th. Looks like you’ve missed it!

It's still going strong. Ive missed it when i dont go down to visit. Thats if i can find a parking place.

Just one of them throughout the year. The other day we had the” fiera delle nocciole.”Hazelnut fair. Then there will be “ Sagre dei Peperoni “ Pepper fair. Tartufi ( truffles) follow. A short break and it’s Christmas.

Every year is a celebration for those who have a birthday with 0 at the end of their age. From the age of 18 teenagers celebrate every 5 years. I had my celebration a while ago because I’m 80 this year. Alex will have his next year. If we got involved in everything we’d have a very busy year.:wacko:

After a two year covid break The Royal Adelaide Show has just kicked off again. There are rides like the Goose Fair but there are halls showcasing farming produce, all the farm animals being paraded for best in show, wood chopping champions and of course the baking competitions.

Jam and cream scones from the Country Womens Association are a food classic along with donuts, candy floss and Dagwood dogs with tomato sauce.

The kids look forward to the rides and the showbags but mum and dad might need to take out a loan to cover the entry, the rides, lunch and showbags.

7 hours ago, Oztalgian said:

but mum and dad might need to take out a loan to cover the entry, the rides, lunch and showbags.

Same here oz, we had our 3 grandchildren yesterday & looked at taking them to alton towers, on the day tickets are £65.00 for adults & £60.00 for under 12's plus £18.00 for parking close to the park so would have cost £333.00 for a day out there & there would have been food, drinks & ice creams etc on top, need a mortgage for a day out there ludicrous.