• 4 weeks later...

Looking forward to viewing that with sound when I get home tonight.

Looking at the video title, not to forget Robin's historic 'meeting' with Friar Tuck at Fountaindale which is still accessible up in Harlow Wood.

• 1 year later...

BUMP .

Bumping this thread as a jazz pal and fellow band member of my brothers , called Bob Hudson , wrote a piece of music, especially for the Millennium in 2000 .

It was called The Robin Hood Suite and was performed and recorded just the once at The Bonnington Theatre in Arnold to a capacity crowd in May of that year .

For some technical reason it was never released generally and Bob , after all these years , wanted it putting on youtube so that the piece could be heard by others .

I volunteered to upload it and have added some still pictures to the music .

Am about half way through adding the tunes and below is one called Sherwood Forest , that to be honest I have just used arty generic tree pics .

The next piece I am working on is called The Major Oak and whilst looking for pictures and info came upon this site that has plenty of good information about our most famous tree . So if anyone has any other "facts" I can add , feel free . I'm sure I read somewhere that the tree was unlikely to have been much more than an acorn at the time of Robin Hood .

Didn't realise it was called the Major Oak because it was the favourite tree of Major Hayman Rookes in 1790 . It has also gone by the name of Queens Oak and Cockpen Tree .

http://www.majoroak.org.uk/main/majoroak.htm

and 10 facts about the tree from the Beeb

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nottingham/sense_of_place/facts/major_oak.shtml

• Upvote 2