• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody has to convince me that animals know what is going to happen to them. Had a German Shepherd from a pup and after 12 years he got cancer and could barely move in the end. Vet came to the hous

#12 I seem to remember this coming up last year on here on another thread! The horses wouldn't do it if they didn't enjoy it. Just watch the riderless ones continue round the course. They love runnin

You don't have to study Statistics at college to realise that your chances of winning big are very slim but you have to be in it to win it and so long as gambling doesn't take over your life and you c

As I said accidents do happen, If they can be fixed they will be. Better to be shot than in agony. Pity we can't do it to some humans!!!

You don't have to study Statistics at college to realise that your chances of winning big are very slim but you have to be in it to win it and so long as gambling doesn't take over your life and you can afford to lose a bit of money then it's fun.

I worked with a bloke who won over half a million on the lottery. He'd never say it's a mugs game !

• Upvote 2

SWMBO has one £1 bet per year and its the national, today using the very scientific method of 'I can't pronounce that name' she won.

As to cruelty yes there are accidents but there would be a lot more dead horses if the race wasn't run. Nobody would pay the sort of money it takes to keep a horse at that level if there was no race. Ban jump racing tomorrow and there would be thousands of dead horses by Monday night.

• Upvote 1

I reckon there are enough ways to die,without going up a mountain to look for another.

• Upvote 1

Bookie used to hate me when I walked in the door, was never a big betting man, but knew when to stop, and always took the bookie for a few quid.

Betting on "steeple chases" is a mugs game, flat racing is where I made a few quid to pay for a few pints when I first got married.

I worked with a bloke at British Gysum who was a big betting man on the horses, he used to say "it's no good betting unless your willing to lose" And he used to place pretty large bets on horses. He'd always have a large wad of notes in his pocket!

Not bet on a horse in over 40 years now.

It's estimated that 120 dead bodies remain on Mount Everest and that one person dies on the mountain every year. Regarding the Grand National, it may be a good idea to lower the fences a little but then it wouldn't be the spectacle that it is.

• 3 weeks later...

Speculation on man.unt.sacking David Moyes,only giving him 5 or 10 million,POOR LAD.

• Upvote 1

He's gone. Some imbecile on TV wants Ryan Giggs as the new man. What Man Management skills has he got?.

That should be fun !!!!!! He's got the personality of a paving slab.

• Upvote 1
  • 11 months later...

Looks like Labour are the jockeys whilst the Tories are the owners. The bookies are the bankers who will rob the poor to pay for the rich. Its a mugs "sport".

Think I will watch the Boat Race.

• Like 1