Same here from Jan to Dec same price whatever month you buy so you buy in Jan to make full use out of it

but you dont want to get caught without one ,My first ever speeding ticket in 1980 i was in line to come up before the judge & the guy in front of me had been busted for fishing no licence $1000

I thought holy moley that was only for fishing no licence im in trouble now 75mph in 55mph fine $35

Every year they put on a fishing competition ,Win a $1000 at the local lagoon it starts a 9.00am at 9.01am they are taking people away to book them for no licence i saw at least 10 on my side of the pond

By the way fished all day & nobody caught anything ,So many people complained that they ended up netting the pond .NO FISH !!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:hooked: I'm hooked on fishy tales dgbrit :laugh:

No expert Maybe when i go a bit more then i can come up with some TALL stories lol

I havn't fished for a long time just starting back at it but dont think will ever get to be like a Beefy or Piggy

Always prefered saltwater fishing Bigger fish i think

If i do catch anything i will post a pic (anything bigger than a gudgin)

I haven't coarse fished for ages. Other than the holiday in Cornwall fiasco (3 fishing lakes , only one fishable due to the others being 'weeded up' , and the fishable one only had one really tight peg and the pool only had tiny Rudd in it !! ..any excuse I know)

I went once last year on the River Weaver at the bottom of my road, only for a couple of hours, didn't catch a lot . The time before that I was at the same place (That was three years ago ) again not a lot , and the time before that SWMBO was pregnant with Adam , (He's 6 next week) I caught the River Weaver record for a Perch, (Nearly 4 lb) unfortunately I couldn't claim it as I didn't have a licence ......DOH !!!!!

Most of my fishing has been done in the sea in the last few years, with last years 'August harvest' being my best 'bag' ever. Remember me telling you ?? (Maybe not cause I do go on when I've got this typing bug !!) We went out from Newquay for a full day session, 9.30am to 5.30pm, we had to come back in at 4ish as we had ran out of storage space and we were all knackered too! I've got a photo somewhere on here of the boat after 10 minutes, floor full of Cod , Pollack and Gurnard !

Best day at sea ever.

Since the old man worked for Hoveringham Gravels I had the luxury of being able to fish their ponds; mostly going for pike with spinners and plugs. Dad wasn't interested at all and the only other member of my family who was serious about it was my uncle, who'd be one of those match fishermen at Gunthorpe. I only accompanied him once and it bored me senseless.

Never really got into fishing, once motorbikes came along my fishing tackle was consigned to the back of the shed; pity because round here there are some superb trout rivers like the Teifi and Cothi.

When i had my boat docked at Santa Cruz i caught a stingray that i could have put my head in its mouth ,I got it to the boat & i looked at the wife who was shaking her head &n sayin NO , Cut the line & off it went

Down there everything you caught was followed in by Tiger sharks who would rip the belly out of your fish if you wern't quick enough

If you remember the tidal wave that came from Japan i had my boat in that harbor that it came into & tossed them around like matchsticks

I had a laugh at SWMBOs expence out in Clearwater FLA in 2002. Every other fish I caught was a Hammerhead or a Nurse Shark !! True, only about 20 inches long , but Hammerhead and Nurse sharks all the same !!

I couldn't get her to even paddle out there after that. Because in her opinion "Where there are babies, mummy and daddy won't be far away "

We had a good haul of fish on the day of the picture I posted, the thing not to do is go to the greasy spoon cafe before you go out which we did, I did manage to hang on to the contents of my stomach, Just!!! but two lads didn't, its no fun being out there for eight ours plus when you are feeling poorly and the skipper won't come back in. Talk about "Whey Hey and up she rises" it wern't in it.