Peregrine has three chicks

Sadly (By the egg thats been pushed away from her brood) one egg failed to hatch, but they have three healthy looking bundles of fluff !!

http://www.ntu.ac.uk/ecoweb/biodiversity/falcons/index.html

Can you help me orientate my self in this picture Beefy? I don't know the Trent buildings. I can see the council house but not sure what teh streets are?

The pics are taken from the east side of the Nottingham Trent Newtron Buiding which is the very tall white building which you might remember.

http://www.flickr.co...ear/6308997298/

The road down below to the left is South Sherwood St with the Langtreys pub (originally the Peach Tree) on the corner of the west end of Forman Street. Very bottom left is the Cornerhouse where T. Bailey Forman's used to stand.

Beyond that you see Parliament street crossing by with the white building standing at the junction of the top of Queens St where the big post office is. This leads down to the square.

Got it now - I remember seeing the mast from all over the town. Thanks, I can now picture where it is.

Just had another look and can see the portico on the council house front. Know where it is now. Why on earth change the Peach Tree's name?! Used to be a Shippo's pub didn't it?

I agree, I much prefer the name, The Peach Tree - yes it was a Shippo's house. They renamed it - as they do - after Lillie (Lily) Langtrey the stage actress because of it's proximity to the Theatre Royal and I guess the Empire Theatre which had also been nearby.

Still well used, probably due to it's central position and proximity to the Cornerhouse and the businesses of Forman Street.. Still also has a wide range of real ales for those that like that sort of thing. I find the interior a bit tired though and there is a perennial smell of fried food in there. Curiously it still closes at 11pm at the weekend which is rare in the city centre these days, I used to see many a bewildered potential customer being turned away at that hour.

The windows onto South Sherwood Street and Theatre Square offer an excellent opportunity to view close up the mayhem of a Nottingham city centre Friday or Saturday night in full motion!

• 3 years later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I haven't watched them for a couple of years but thanks for the reminder I'll pick up the thread again

• 3 weeks later...

Just had a look. I used to get Facebook messages about the Peregrines but this does not happen now. Does anyone know why? Sorry if the answer is in previous posts. Just looked at the camera. That did not work last year so I did not get live images. I hope they fix the second camera so we can see down the ledge. Does anyone know what is going on?

They're possibly going to fix the Camera when they get out to ring the chicks if they can't it has to wait till the end of the season.

They can't go near the nest apart from ringing as it's an offence under the Wildlife act to interfere with Peregrines and their nests.

I haven’t been able to get on the Falcon website for a couple of years for some reason.  However I get posts on the Facebook page ‘Nottingham NTU Falcon Cam’.  Still only one lovely brown egg in the nest box.