Social engineering?

I think that every 'generation' has to have it's own 'lingo' and style and there's nothing wrong with that. The thing is though, people sound so thick when they are saying 'innit' after every other word. It's the same with the other words mentioned, 'like' and 'yeeeeh' they make the person saying the words sound stupid. I must say though that I've never thought this way about the word mudgie49 mentioned, 'man'.

I have always used 'innit' as a precursor to 'bloody marvellous' As a s statement of exasperation or such-like.

Compo, to use 'innit' as you describe is just the dialect you use for 'isn't it'. Nothing wrong with that. What I refer to is when people say 'innit' after every sentence when it has no relevance to what they have just said and they go on repeating it throughout their conversation.

Some time ago some friends came over for a visit with their teenagers. They kept saying things were wicked, I thought it was something bad, but it's the opposite.

Watching BBC news America recently,some teen-agers were being interviewed,I think they were from the E Midlands.

One of the youths said "s gay innit". Can anyone enlighten me to what he meant?

Mudgie, for 'innit' see above - it doesn't make any sense the way it is being use.

The word gay now appears to have an added third meaning to it's previous 'happy' and 'homosexual' with 'stupid'.

I watched an English movie last night,'All or Nothing',never even played the 'Small Faces' song.

Is this life in working class England today?

There is a case for 'social engineering' for these people,it all seemed so negative.

• 8 years later...

WHY NOT!!! 

4 hours ago, radfordred said:

Goo on then.

Er2cq3eXMAEf-U1?format=jpg&name=large

• radfordred

• I apologise in advance
    • pip_crown.png
    • radfordred
    • Members
    • 8,539 posts
    • Interests: Sad to see the slow death of the Nottstalgia site with insane Facebook type day to day drivel
  • Like 2