'Modern' Football

• 1 month later...

I hope the reports of Nottingham Forest being taken over are true. The Club was so close to promotion and if they'd had more trust in their manager by signing the couple of players needed they'd have been in the Premier League now. Lets hope the new owners take them there.

I think he meant last decade Lynn........................... slywink

Cause if the truth be told, if Portsmouth hadn't had 10 points deducted and one single result had gone against Florist , they'd have been down Meadow Lane next season !!

lynmee, your post stated 'Dream on, dream on. You were closer to relegation than promotion'. I can't understand what you mean by 'dream on'. I stated that it was reported that Forest were being taken over. This is fact not a dream. Secondly, I don't understand what you mean by 'You were closer.....' Why do you say 'You'?. I don't play for Forest and I don't go to see them play. I stated that the Club was so close to promotion to the Premiership. This is fact. Under Billy Davies Forest were twice in the play-offs but had a poor 2011-12 season without him. Fancy attacking me after I'd sent you a nice birthday message, sob.

Beefsteak, another member of 'The lynBeef Gang' who's attacking me. Not the 'last decade' as you'll see from my reply to lynmee. I am a Nottingham lad and because of this I want the Nottingham football, Rugby, Panthers and every other Nottingham club to do well. lynmee and Beefsteak, I'd like you both to look on the Notts County site and read what I put regarding Notts County on the 2nd May 2012 (#247). I rest my case.

• Upvote 1

OY !!! I didn't attack you !! How very dare you ?

In reply , the lynbeef gang are actually the BeefLynn gang , affiliated to the black hand gang and Desperate Dans Pie Eaters Club !

I read your post, but I didn't comment on it originally, as I thought I understood where you thought you were coming from. (clear as mud that bit !) it just wasn't that clear what you meant .

Lynn has commented on what it actually looks like you meant , I commented to defuse and humourise the situation , hense good old

slywink

in my comments !

Now watch out you stroppy bogger or I'll be over there weeing on your Strawberrys....................... :-))

Hi Michael

I also support Notts County,Notts Rugby,Notinghamshire Cricket,Nottingham Panthers even Mansfailed Town and any team that happens to be playing Forest.Regarding Billy Davies,he was given enough money to get them promoted but him and the team weren't good enough.

My original post was that I hoped the new owners would take Forest into the Premiership. As a Nottingham lad that's what I want to see as well as County being there with them. As for the comment about supporting every team that plays Forest well, I'm not into that 'I hate Forest, 'I hate County' stuff. I won't be commenting any further on this topic because I'm getting scared about coming up against people who are affiliated to the 'Black Hand Gang' and the 'Desperate Dan's Pie Eaters Club'.

Hey up, you've forgotten about Dennis the Menaces fan club and Gnashers ' Fang ' Club !!!!

• 7 years later...

Back at 3.45am work at 7am, Half & half scarves on every street corner, plastic fans, mobile phone cameras continually going off, home fans sitting on their hands, if this is what we are aiming for you can keep it, finish 7th every year & batter the sheepshaggers on & off the pitch, until the day I pop my clogs I'm happy.

Premier League you can keep it, not for me. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Agree Red........plus British players on old money,,,and Managers who didn't need a ''Clipboard'' in the 'Dugout' and told his players things like  ''just keep fizzing''  a la Alf Ramsey............,,,and finally entrance to the 'Trent End'........1/6..........eeh they were days,,,

Rang the City ground once back in the 50s,,, told them i'd left 'me mac''' in the Bridgford end,,said they'd look for it.........lol

Edit........Mam made me ring em,,it was a new Mac,,i rang back later in the day,,,and actually spoke to the club secretary think his name was Noel Watson,,,they hadn't found it.............

• Upvote 1

Pre Cloughie days obviously. It's certainly not like that now. Attendances are booming !

Went to the turnstile and asked, " could i have a £25. please?" They replied, " Yes sir, would you like a fullback or a striker ?"