just come across this website so am new

I remember someone called Bill Tatt used the cocked hat he was a friend of my mum and dads Fred and Sally Foster there

.were some right characters down there . Does any one remember horace (used to wear his trousers up to his chest) and his

wife Nell.

Hi MB Gel welcome. I was at london road infant/primary at the same time as you 52/58 Remember Mr Hutcheson the Head Mr Skinner, Mrs Raven, Miss Bradley.I lived on Grainger St Meadow Lane. We must have lots of mutual acquaintances

Hi Deeps

Cant remember those names it was a long time ago,as Ive said Bbefore i lived off waterway st. shaftesbury terrace,do you recall the beer off on waterway

st, I used to fetch my grandma her jug of ale even though i was a child! and also Hildas chippy and we used to have lunch occasionly in Bridgeway Hall.

yea i lived in lindfield rd it was nice round there then ,went to players school who were in rivalry with william crane used to court a lad from that school melvyn archer.

used to knock around with my mates lynda and cousin sue round hyson green basford and radford

MB Gel, it was all lovely round there back then, Bells Lane and Broxtowe. :)

Did you ever venture down on to Amesbury Circus Park?; I know sometimes when we kids were on there playing, the occasional 'strangers' would show up - these were mostly from Broxtowe.

yes m\bgel bill was known as bill tat a big friend of my mum and dads we often would come to broxtowe in the fifties and sixties and go to cocked hat bear gardens for a drink or two and us kids to play as you say jackson always lots of kids in the gardens on nice summer nightsespecially at the weekends. bill was a real charecter too a small thin man and he loved to entre all the fancy dress and easter bonnet contests always made a bonnet for himself as well as the kids,he had a caravan on golden sands site in mablethorpe and i often would stay with them when we were all down there remember him once dressing as a baby white towel as a nappy made a baby bonnet to fit a bear bottle with a teat on and a large dummyon a blue ribbon round his neck. also remember him doing a vicar once turned his white shirt wrongway round black suite and a bile but it was the expresions on hi face i remember even more he was a great gurner too.

my dad was known as little wemmie and know a lot of the blokes in the cocked hat so he may have known your dad too. specially if he was friends withe bill tatmy dad would often come to broxtowe on his own and stay the night at bill and violets

hi Jackson

dont know that place,I to hang about Strelley had a good mate there Gill Hobbs and there was some lovely countryside round Strelley I am sure it has all

changed for the worse now.Its like Lindfield Rd used to be quite posh most people kept the gardens really nice,but I think it has cnow.hanged a lot

i worked at broxtowe adventure playground on westliegh rd for about 3 years late 90s your wright its nothing like i remember it when i was young.