When I was a kid me mam used to put chopped rhubarb in the Yorkshire pudding batter and bake it in the oven. When finished she would add a sprinkle of sugar and we had it as a special treat with some Carnation milk - she called it cream though.

Compo we had the same thing for pudding, or sometimes strawberries dropped in the batter, but always sprinkled with sugar. Also if mam was out of rice, she'd make a milk pudding in the oven, using Quaker Oats. It were luvvly.

On Sundays we would sit watching "Hiram Holiday" on TV and occasionally be allowed a small lice cream from the Mr Whippy or Mister Softie van and if very lucky we would have a Mars bar cut into thin slices and shared between us all.

Every so often my mum would get her baking head on & make a ton of jam tarts & lemon merangues she hasnt made any in years although she does make a cracking loaf of bread when shes in the mood! But now i really fancy some home made jam tarts ...

I love visiting when shes making a loaf or two.. Yum!

...Another one of my little loves in life is walking past Tesco on carlton hill & smelling all the fresh baked breads etc. Woops, just drooled on my labtop!

Gonna have to borrow one of my daughters bibs if i keep posting in this topic!

One thing ive never been able to find here is a crusty cob.

Cheese & onion would go down well anytime. drool, drool.

• Upvote 1

oooh, youll have to bake your own crusty cobs! Home made cobs with cheese... mmmm. i make bagguettes with caramelised onion in, So nice with butter & cheddar!