What I remember about my ex's

Well Angi I remember a lot about one of my ex's......... in fact I am actually living with him!! Same as he was all those years ago at Trent Bridge School,bless him, & still irresistable lips0

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I started regularly meeting a girl in the 49 coffee bar. Her mother met us in there one afternoon and invited me to their house just off Arkwright st. When we were nearly there the conversation turned

Many acquaintances but only two serious girlfriends, the ex, was a tall willowy blonde but after three years I realised we weren't going anywhere and anyway she didn't like climbing.   The n

One night, whilst out with the ex and her mother, the ex said "would you like to see me in something long and flowing?" I replied, "yes the Trent". The mil then spoke up saying " that's horrible, if y

If I think about the men I have been out with I cringe...

I must have thought something about them or I would not have bothered, but when I picture them in my mind I either fall about laughing or go bright red with embaressment. (Yes, 61, four kids later, I still blush like a young thing...)

I don't want to remember them anymore. I am happy with the one I have and besides I don't think I could train another one to the high standards of the one I have, I will stick with him.

A bowdown

• Upvote 1
  • 12 years later...

One of my ex's worked in a biscuit barrel factory in Kirkby, every time we met she give me a biscuit barred she'd stolen, Mam had more biscuit barrels than she knew what to do with..... A stunningly pretty girl went out with me only because I looked like Leo Sayer back then, she'd call me "Leo" at intimate times, that was a bit weird. All my mates jaws dropped when they saw her, Mam said "you wont stay with her, she knows she's very pretty!" Mam was right, she'd spend all her time preening herself & I never saw her without make up, when it was dark she kissed & felt like any other thin-ish girl...

• Like 2

Most of my ex girlfriends worked in shops, namely Marsdens,Farrands,Thrifty,Vernons,Savemore,Pork farms,Van allan,Dolcis,Lyons tea shop,VG stores,Melias,Maypole,Shentnalls,Coop,Gem,Elmo,Fine fare,Alders,Saxone,Chambers,What everyone wants,lords,

Can't remember where the others worked, lol,Griffin and Spalding,Debenhams,Mace,Vivo,Spar,Dewhursts,Baxters,

• Like 1

Mine all looked the same. Tall, blonde, slim !

• Like 1

Their loss I'm afraid Ben. I left them for you !

• Like 1

It seems that some men only looked at the outward appearance of the girls they deigned to go out with!  

I agree  that sometimes this is what first attracts people to one another, but after a few minutes/hours of talking to them,  then their character should become  much more important than their 'shape'. I hope I'm not the only person who thinks this....

All the lads I went out with more than once weren't classically handsome with 'manly' bodies or 'sharp dressers'   They were interesting people who respected me as a person.   They were kind and considerate and all of them looked very different from each other.

But perhaps I am an exception?  

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

No Margie, you're spot on, but I was always over choosy I'm afraid. There's always a compromise to be made in such decisions.

I went out with moody lookers, and an odd pleasant non looker, but as I'm a shallow soul, I'd opt for the Tess Daly's over the Dawn French's any day. ....... Only generalising as per Margie. But a thing of beauty should always be admired, be it a woman, a building, a car, ...... I'd better shut up hadn't I, before I fall into the massive hole I'm digging !

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Dad always told me,"you may not be the best looker, but make em laugh and you do ok" he was right, they still laugh at me,

• Like 1

No Ben, I'm sure most laughed WITH you. There's a vast difference.

• Like 1

Yes Margie, but I'd rather drive an old Rolls than a pristine Corsa. ..... No, not another word honestly !

I always found that the girls I initially found attractive often turned out to be a bit dim or uninteresting or simply on a different planet; whereas the ones who I didn’t notice too much at first turned out to be the ones I ended up liking best and for longest (and some who I still know).

• Like 2

SIMPLY ON A DIFFERENT PLANET..... Cliff ! All women are on a different planet! :flyswat:

• Like 1

But back to the topic question. My ex wife...... Legs, hair and face in that order.

Lot of responses to an old thread in a short time.  ;). Potentially dangerous topic.  Only really had one 'ex' girlfriend and I think I've mentioned her before.  I think I treated her badly (emotionally).  I still wish I could contact her, just to apologize.  Lot of water under the bridge.  She may not even be alive now, who knows.   Next one I married for 33 happy years.  Next one now 16 happy years.  So I guess I really don't have any experience of ex's.  It must have been hard for those of you who have had the experience. I'd better leave it there.

• Like 1

Mam used to say "you don't look at the mantle piece while poking the fire!" Must admit I enjoyed showing off very pretty Jenny to my mates. I knew I was being used because I looked a bit like Leo Sayer but in a way I was using her as well so sort of worked both ways. We used to refer to not so pretty girls as "two paper baggers!"One paper bag to put over her head & one over yours in case hers fell off. :)

31 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

Dad always told me,"you may not be the best looker, but make em laugh and you do ok" he was right, they still laugh at me,

It's alright Ben we all laugh WITH you.  Tell us more about Maude.  She must have really been something. :biggrin:

• Like 2

Loved all my mother in laws, first one very homely and looked like Una Stubbs, second one tall and elegant, present one is lovely and i will be dancing with her all xmas, 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, FLY2 said:

SIMPLY ON A DIFFERENT PLANET..... Cliff ! All women are on a different planet! :flyswat:

I wish we were, FLY! As my grandmother used to say: "If they can put a man on the moon, why can't they put them all there?"

Like Cliff, I've found that most good looking blokes are as dim as night lights. :wacko:

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1