P1000093.jpg

Does anyone know how old this building is or tell me anything about it, its in Bakewell down Kings Court its calole The Hermitage its a New Age shop was talking to the owner but i forgot to ask him how old the building was

PTPD100039.jpg

Ref No:

PTPD100039 Town Village:

Bakewell Location:

Avenel Court off King Street Title:

Avenel Court off King Street, Bakewell, 1973 Picture courtesy of PTP but still no date.

Must be 18th (maybe 17th) century.

the Kings Court picture has the vertical and horizontal beams and overhanging first floor typical of Tudor houses. The roof is not Tudor but looks relatively recent. in them. The chimney stack is not decorative in teh Tudor style but may have been rebuilt at some time. The ground floor windows look like they could be Tudor but I can't see if there is any latticework; they appear to have mullions in the Tudor style but the upper ones ? I don't know.

I am not an expert and I may easily be wrong but I wonder if it is a Tudor cottage that has been upgraded over the centuries? the local museum should know.

Thanks for all the info i am going back to Bakewell again soon and i am definately going to try and gat more info about it